Author Topic: how to get code blocks works on maverick  (Read 2762 times)

susdo

how to get code blocks works on maverick
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:35 pm »
Hey guys

i have a macbook pro maverick 10.9.3 and downloaded Xcode 5.5.1 /code block 13.12 and the command tool last update

whenever i build i get "nothing to be done" (also the lines are all in black shouldn't some commands be in colours?)

when i looked online all answer were that Xcode and the command tool should fix the problem so i don't know maybe i should get different versions or maybe there is some sittings i need to change?

I'm really new to c++ and i only need it for a school course

Offline BastiaanOlij

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: how to get code blocks works on maverick
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:16:37 pm »
Susdo,

Luckily I'm still on 10.8.5 and went through Xcode 3 to 4 to 5 but a colleague of mine ran into issues with the command line tools as well today and she is on 10.9.2

We haven't solved it yet but it seems that the latest XCode 5 no longer has the command line tools as a separate download/install but build into the installation.
From what I've read so far they now get installed into /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools so have a look if they are there.

I wouldn't be surprised if Code::Blocks is not looking in that location nor that paths have been set up to to find them there.
It may be enough to ensure that location is part of your search path.

Cheers,

Bas