User forums > Help

"Cannot open output file"

<< < (2/3) > >>

lwe1389:
Update

It seems to work 75% of the time if I keep sysinternals process explorer up and directly kill the process each time before I hit any key to end

What a pain..

BlueHazzard:
this is 300% a user problem... I have two things in mind:
1) Are you sure that you don't have any antivir, adaware, firewall or windows security installed what can block the access to your program?
2) Are you sure, that it is not a coding error, probably your application  crashes or hangs. (is there a drwat*.exe in the process tree?)

--- Quote from: lwe1389 on June 17, 2014, 11:14:38 pm --- and directly kill the process each time before I hit any key to end

--- End quote ---
this screams for a coding error (deleting or not deleting a pointer...). Have you tried to debug your code?

greetings

lwe1389:
It isn't a coding error, i'm following c + + primer, buckys tutorials, and a few other resources. A majority of the code is copy and paste or nearly identical to the sources aforementioned. It's day 3 of self learning and i'm only just starting to write my own (which obviously have mistakes at first) but the problem has persisted since the second I installed codeblocks. (if I change "hello world" to "hello Lance", it happens"

I'll look deeper into security software but I don't know if that's it

lwe1389:
anybody?

stahta01:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version