Author Topic: how to get rid of contribs enabled ???  (Read 20367 times)

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
Re: how to get rid of contribs enabled ???
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 10:27:55 pm »
ok - here it is   8)

what i did : a fresh install of C::B without contrib plugins
by using the following commands

make clean
make clean-zipfiles
sudo make uninstall
svn update  ->(to SVN rev 1702)
./configure
make
sudo make install

1.) then i ran C::B and got NO CRASHES by simply running and closing C::B  :)

2.) the next time i ran C::B and changed the toolbar positions and some other layout-changes,
closed C::B, saved the changed layout, and got NO CRASH :)

3.) the next time i ran C::B and opened a project, edited something, saved the files and the project
and closed the project (File->CloseProject). then C::B hangs and doesn't respond to anything,
all menu items are greyed out and you can't close it.

4.) then i ran C::B from gdb, first just running and closing, C::B exited normally,
the next time i opened a project and closed the project immediately - C::B hangs - no response to anything
from gdb i interrupted C::B by using C-c , and got then the backtrace.
attached is the gdb-log from this session.

HTH

ps. if i can test anything else, please post it here and explain what i've to do  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 10:44:00 pm »
It is just an assumption but to me it looks as if during the normal deconstruction of all objects/plugins/etc. the codecompletion parser calls wxSafeYield and this functions then starts (through some other calls) a new message loop that has obviously nothing to do. Thus it waits for events that will never occour because everything is already disabled.
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 11:04:40 pm »
It is just an assumption but to me it looks as if during the normal deconstruction of all objects/plugins/etc. the codecompletion parser calls wxSafeYield and this functions then starts (through some other calls) a new message loop that has obviously nothing to do. Thus it waits for events that will never occour because everything is already disabled.
That's why I asked if you had tried disabling the code completion plugin. This is exactly what I suspected, too. And worse, in its log function, the code completion plugin uses a plain normal wxYield.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 11:21:34 pm »
with disabled Codecompletion-plugin i get this debug-report
when exiting C::B (File->Quit) after i previously had opened a project
and closed it by using (File->CloseProject).
(the same happens of course when i quit C::B without closing the project before)

the default.config file is not written and updated on the harddisk !

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 11:47:55 pm »
Hmm.. that's funny. I see a  CloseActiveProject in there...

You know, just the other day, I said "I wonder why CloseActiveProject does not crash every time, since EditorManager is freed before ProjectManager, but since it's been working all that time, ok then...".

Maybe your problem will be gone after updating to the latest release (if you manage to compile it... I have a problem with the newest wxAUI update).
Everything regarding  Managers has been rewritten for better performance and stability, including the order of deallocation, which is now in order of dependence.

EDIT:
Revision 1707 compiles fine again :)
So... let's see if the bug has silently gone away... :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 11:57:09 pm by thomas »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 12:14:08 am »
Revision 1707 compiles fine again :)
So... let's see if the bug has silently gone away... :)

is rev 1707 known to build with linux too ?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 12:49:43 am »
Finally fixed the hang in 1709 :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2006, 01:34:04 am »
Well, but now 1710 is broken for Linux:

Code
configmanager.cpp:226: error: no 'ConfigManager* CfgMgrBldr::GetConfigManager(const wxString&)' member function declared in class 'CfgMgrBldr'
configmanager.cpp: In member function 'ConfigManager* CfgMgrBldr::GetConfigManager(const wxString&)':
configmanager.cpp:228: error: no matching function for call to 'CfgMgrBldr::Get()'
./configmanager.h:254: note: candidates are: static ConfigManager* CfgMgrBldr::Get(const wxString&)
configmanager.cpp: At global scope:
configmanager.cpp:232: error: no 'ConfigManager* CfgMgrBldr::Build(const wxString&)' member function declared in class 'CfgMgrBldr'
configmanager.cpp: In member function 'void ConfigManager::Delete()':
configmanager.cpp:593: error: no matching function for call to 'CfgMgrBldr::Get()'
./configmanager.h:254: note: candidates are: static ConfigManager* CfgMgrBldr::Get(const wxString&)
configmanager.cpp: In member function 'void ConfigManager::DeleteAll()':
configmanager.cpp:609: error: no matching function for call to 'CfgMgrBldr::Get()'
make[4]: *** [configmanager.lo] Error 1

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 01:39:39 am »
 :shock: - dunno - it just now built fine at my machine ...

but i had to "make clean" before, otherwise i got some errors too ...

can you try please with "make clean" ?

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 01:54:09 am »
Finally fixed the hang in 1709 :)

Hi Yiannis !
great work - the hang / crash is really fixed when closing C::B with an active project active !!!

but if you close the project by File->CloseProject and
afterwards close C::B by using File->Quit
the following debug-report appears (same as before your last changes from rev 1709)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 02:08:16 am »
Just checked out another copy and it compiled.

It seems like the build system for Linux needs some more tuning :)

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 05:21:48 am »
I compiled revision 1731 on Linux and I still get hangs/crashes on exit after I have opened a project, it works find if I don't have codecompletion on.  I will try again tomorrow with codecompletion off.

Has Code::Blocks officially frozen its features set in an effort to squash all the finals bugs before the full 1.0 release?  I really like Code::Blocks, I just need a stable version that can debug and has project dependencies (ie. One you can actually use for development).  I can't seem to find one right now.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2006, 09:17:58 am »
Has Code::Blocks officially frozen its features set in an effort to squash all the finals bugs before the full 1.0 release?

Not yet. We 're undergoing some major changes in the API so we don't have to break it later, after 1.0 is out.
But those linux crashes are going to be fixed soon so you 'll have your "stable" build :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2006, 03:23:34 pm »
Mandrav, thanks for the great IDE I don't mean to sound like I am demanding anything.  I was just wondering why Code::Blocks is going through all these changes after 2 release candidates. 

I have revision 1727 and Code::Blocks will close fine as long as I have not opened a project.  If I try to close it after I have opened a project it will hang at ~%100 cpu usage.  I ran it through gdb and intreputed the program during the hand.  The first run has CodeCompeletion disabled through the menu, in the second I have removed the plugin from the folder so it doesn't load at all.  Both still have the same hand problem.  It is always after codeblocks trys to shutdown the pluggins and there are some wxYields thrown in there for good mix.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2006, 07:17:55 pm »
I was just wondering why Code::Blocks is going through all these changes after 2 release candidates.
I once had the same question (see http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=1406.0). Meanwhile I think the changes are definitely worth it. There are drastic changes but even I am using a new build from time to time it just get's better. And that's what should be. So my worries are gone... but that's just me.
Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ