Author Topic: Getting a MessageManager id for a specific Log  (Read 5924 times)

Offline yop

• Regular
Getting a MessageManager id for a specific Log
« on: January 08, 2006, 11:33:20 pm »
Is there any way (other than hardcoding) to get the id of the build log page using the message manager? To use it and write something to it I need it's id but I can't find any public method that returns it. In general if a plugin uses / creates a new log page can another plugin access it via some kind of unique identifier? (the index used can change depending on the order the logs are created and as I can see it's used by the plugin that created it to access it, but that index is known only to the plugin).
I'm using the sources from revision 1665
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Getting a MessageManager id for a specific Log
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 11:53:29 pm »
The IDs are not indexes anymore but unique identifiers.
To answer your question, no, there is no way to retrieve the ID of a message log. But if you could give a good reason why you should be able to, we just might consider adding it ;)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline yop

• Regular
Re: Getting a MessageManager id for a specific Log
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 12:03:52 am »
Well I've finished with the basic functionality of a plugin that will use (oops uses ;)) qmake for building qt applications and now I need to output the build process to the user. I think that the build log would be a good place for that. Anyway there are so many things I have left to do for user friendliness so this is quite minor for now (I could add another log it's easy).
Oh and thinking about ids I said oops I got a possible bug, I'll move around the tabs and since the id is set "on attach" then each plugin would write to a different log than the one it created but since you made them unique you kind of beat me to it :)
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.