User forums > Nightly builds

The 08 January 2006 build is out.

<< < (3/6) > >>

SamT:
Hi all code::blocks team,

Thanks for your efford for daily release and solving bug every day. I encounter a problem on the compile toolbars starting from every develop build.(The screen display correctly in 1.0 RC2) I don't know how to solve it. Does any body have the same problem?

By the way, my c::b works on windows 2000 SP4

[attachment deleted by admin]

artoj:

--- Quote from: killerbot on January 09, 2006, 11:40:12 am ---are you sure about this ? I tried it, and it just shows the short file name.
If it is a file which does NOT belong to the project, you get the full path name though, which is normal.

--- End quote ---

But when opening a file which does have content and does not belong to a project it shows the short name. IMHO it doesn't make any sense.

Here's how I did it:

1. Create two files, e.g. content.cpp and empty.cpp. Create these files in the Explorer. Write something to content.cpp.

2. Open Code::Blocks and close all tabs and projects.

3. Open both files. You'll notice that the file which had content in it shows the short file name "content.cpp" in the tab but the empty file shows the whole file path and file name.

4. (Optional step) Start typing to the empty file in the CodeBlocks editor, you'll notice that the tab doesn't anymore show the whole file path and file name but short file name.

Is this a feature or a bug?

mandrav:

--- Quote from: SamT on January 09, 2006, 02:23:45 pm ---I encounter a problem on the compile toolbars starting from every develop build.(The screen display correctly in 1.0 RC2) I don't know how to solve it. Does any body have the same problem?

--- End quote ---

Have you tried "View->Layouts->Delete current" ?

killerbot:

--- Quote from: artoj on January 09, 2006, 02:25:57 pm ---
--- Quote from: killerbot on January 09, 2006, 11:40:12 am ---are you sure about this ? I tried it, and it just shows the short file name.
If it is a file which does NOT belong to the project, you get the full path name though, which is normal.

--- End quote ---

But when opening a file which does have content and does not belong to a project it shows the short name. IMHO it doesn't make any sense.

Here's how I did it:

1. Create two files, e.g. content.cpp and empty.cpp. Create these files in the Explorer. Write something to content.cpp.

2. Open Code::Blocks and close all tabs and projects.

3. Open both files. You'll notice that the file which had content in it shows the short file name "content.cpp" in the tab but the empty file shows the whole file path and file name.

4. (Optional step) Start typing to the empty file in the CodeBlocks editor, you'll notice that the tab doesn't anymore show the whole file path and file name but short file name.

Is this a feature or a bug?

--- End quote ---

You are correct, I can reproduce this also.
I would say this is a bug, if it does not even show full path for 'contented' files not belonging to the project, then I would neither do it for empty files not belonging to the project.

@Yiannis and Thomas : what do you think about this ?

SamT:

--- Quote from: mandrav on January 09, 2006, 02:43:05 pm ---
Have you tried "View->Layouts->Delete current" ?

--- End quote ---

Yes, I tyied the function but still no used...Let me explain my process:
1. delete curent layouts
2. select default layout
3. close C::B
==> at this mement, C::B asks me to save the layout
4. press yes to save it
5. re-open C::B

I found no body report this issue. This might related on my OS, is it?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version