Author Topic: [Solved] Where are the custom syntax highlighter colour themes / lexers stored?  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Areyan

• Multiple posting newcomer
Hi, as the title says:

Where are the custom colour themes and associated lexers that you create in the settings menu for the syntax highlighter stored on Linux?

Have googled it, and dived into all directories I can think of, but I've only found the system-wide location in /usr/share/codeblocks/lexers.

Knowing where the custom colour themes and their associated files are stored would greatly help me with creating an install-script I'll have to run on several machines, without having to overwrite the defaults in the above mentioned directory, and thus keep them user-specific instead of global.

Or are these settings not user-specific?
And if so, is there any way to make them user-specific?

Any help is greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:37:16 pm by Areyan »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Check this out: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Creating_a_custom_lexer_for_Code::Blocks_editor
Also what do you want to install?
Colour themes?
If yes they are stored in the default.conf file.

You can use the cb_share_config tool to extract them.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Areyan

• Multiple posting newcomer
I'm going to install codeblocks on several machines with custom settings "out of the box", optimally overwriting as few system-wide files as possible in the process.
As you can imagine it would be rather a pain to configure every installation manually, so I'm of course putting it all into a script.

I also want to provide a set of colour themes for the syntax highlighting other than the defaults, since people tend to have different tastes for such.

However now that I've examined default.conf further as you suggested, I feel rather silly about my question, found it all in there.

Thanks for the help :)