Author Topic: Getting the compiler ID of a non-standard compiler.  (Read 7066 times)

Offline Piece_o_Ham

• Single posting newcomer
Getting the compiler ID of a non-standard compiler.
« on: March 12, 2014, 04:06:52 am »
I am working on a new project wizard script, and I would like one of my build targets to use a compiler that doesn't come with Code::Blocks. I looked at this page: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Project_file#Compiler, and I noticed that all of the compilers have an ID assigned to them. But all of the functions (that I know of) that are used for handling compilers only accept a compiler ID. So what I am wondering, is how I can set a build target's compiler to a non standard compiler?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Getting the compiler ID of a non-standard compiler.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 08:41:43 am »
Do you want to hard code it or do you want to allow the user to choose from a set of compilers?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Piece_o_Ham

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 07:44:37 pm »
Do you want to hard code it or do you want to allow the user to choose from a set of compilers?

I suppose that it would be better if the user could select the appropriate compiler since it's not built in. I could put a message on the top that says "Please select the {insert compiler name} compiler". But the only built in compiler page that I can see has the "Generate Debug target" and "Generate Release target" options. Is there a way that I could disable these?

And also, if there ever comes a time where I would want to have the option of hard-coding the compiler, would that even be possible?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 08:39:33 pm »
Hm, I don't know if it is possible to make changes to the look of that page.
It might be best to inspect the source of the script wizard plugin to see what is possible and what might be done to improve it.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]