Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Compiler Framework Redesign

Use wxPropGrid for compiler flags

<< < (4/7) > >>

Alpha:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on March 17, 2014, 09:56:33 pm ---Would it be a problem for you to document all the features for the xml files in a wiki page?
This way we can consider all option we have and what we can change and what we can't.

--- End quote ---
Will do, as soon as I am able.

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on March 17, 2014, 09:56:33 pm ---Also if we decide to break the compatibility can we automatically upgrade the files in the user's directory?

--- End quote ---
I thinks so, yes; however, it would be a one way (forwards only) conversion.

oBFusCATed:
Alpha: any progress with the documentation?

I've added "double click to toggle" feature and want to push the initial implementation.
Any objections?

Alpha:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on June 24, 2014, 01:07:37 am ---Alpha: any progress with the documentation?

--- End quote ---
Oops, my apologies.  I completely forgot about this.  ...  Working on it now...

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on June 24, 2014, 01:07:37 am ---I've added "double click to toggle" feature and want to push the initial implementation.
Any objections?

--- End quote ---
I have not had a chance to test yet, but here is my personal opinion: wxPropGrid itself does not look the greatest (especially under some OS's/skins).  Because of this, I will some time in the future want to create my own custom panel (with grid sizers and individual components for dropdowns, checkboxes, labels, etc.).  With the way you have currently implemented it, do you think drop-in replacement would be possible in the future?

oBFusCATed:
Are you sure you want to take this risky and dangerous path?
Writhing such control is quite serious endeavour.

I think it is better to improve wxPropGrid instead of doing another control from scratch.

In wx3.0 I think there is the list-tree control, but I've not used it and it will take one or two years until we can switch to wx3.0.

Alpha:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on June 25, 2014, 01:18:49 am ---Are you sure you want to take this risky and dangerous path?
Writhing such control is quite serious endeavour.

--- End quote ---
Not anytime soon, and perhaps never, if I come to like wxPropGrid.  But it is on the back of my mind.

Here is a draft of proposed updates for compiler options file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version