Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Compiler Framework Redesign

Use wxPropGrid for compiler flags

(1/7) > >>

oBFusCATed:
In this branch https://github.com/obfuscated/codeblocks_sf/tree/compiler/propgrid

You can see the initial work to convert the compiler flags UI from wxCheckListBox to wxPropertyGrid.
Using wxPropGrid will allow us to have comboboxes and other advanced controls there.
At the moment I've recreated the old UI, so there are only checkboxes.

It is tested on linux only, with wx28. Someone should provide the changes for windows cbp files.
I've tried to retain all features of the old UI, so please test.

The only problem is that the minimal size of the dialog is smaller than before and I don't know how to fix it, so help in this regard is welcome.

Future additions:
1. I'd like to group -std, -O and -march options in single parameter. The -std and -march options could be implemented by grouping optons that start with -blabla=, but the -O options are more complicated.
2. I'd like to add another category "General", because the -std, -ansi and some other options are incorrectly group under the "Warnings" category. Is this safe to do?

Please test and comment...

Screen shot: http://cmpt.benbmp.org/codeblocks/screens/compiler.flags.propgrid.png

MortenMacFly:
Nice one. But it what I don't like is the long way to the checkbox. You are easily getting lost and select the wrong option. Is it possible to have the checkbox on the left?
Probably not due to the plus sign if you have grouped parameters...

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: MortenMacFly on March 09, 2014, 05:56:25 am ---Is it possible to have the checkbox on the left?

--- End quote ---
No. I could probably make double click on the text to toggle the option.
If you don't want to get lost you can click on the option to see which one you'll select and then click on the checkbox.
I've just tried wx3.0 and there it requires two clicks, which is unpleasant. I try to see why is this happening.

Have you tried to compile it?

stahta01:
Patch to get it to compile on Windows 32-bit.

Other than running it, I have done no testing.
Maybe, when I wake up tomorrow.

Tim S.

--- Code: ---diff --git a/src/CodeBlocks.cbp b/src/CodeBlocks.cbp
index 87e8d64..93af7bd 100644
--- a/src/CodeBlocks.cbp
+++ b/src/CodeBlocks.cbp
@@ -375,6 +375,7 @@
  <Add library="codeblocks" />
  <Add library="wxmsw$(WX_VERSION)$(WX_SUFFIX)" />
  <Add library="depslib" />
+ <Add library="wxpropgrid" />
  <Add directory="devel" />