Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Contributions to C::B

WIN98/9x/others build : registry settings test

<< < (4/8) > >>

killerbot:
I will create every weekend such a Win9x ansi build.
For the nightly I first want to automate a little bit more, since now I need to manually change and merge the cbp files. Will write a little proggie for it.

takeshimiya:
Why don't you create a Win9x compatible unicode build?

I've been build from SVN that way from some months ago.
If you need more help feel free to ask.

takeshimiya:
I've created a batch file to automate the task, if you find it useful feel free to use it:

create-distrib.bat

--- Code: ---@echo off

REM This batch requieres the following Windows free software:
REM * A Code::Blocks capable of building latest SVN HEAD
REM * TortoiseSVN
REM * 7-zip

setlocal
set CB_HEAD_PATH=D:\Develop\src\codeblocks-head\codeblocks-svn
set SEVENZIP_PATH=C:\Archivos de programa\7-Zip
set TORTOISESVN_PATH=C:\Archivos de programa\TortoiseSVN\bin
set CURRENT_PATH=%CD%

echo Checking the latest revision before updating...
echo $WCREV$ > rev-before-update.log
"%TORTOISESVN_PATH%\SubWCRev.exe" "%CB_HEAD_PATH%" "%CURRENT_PATH%\rev-before-update.log" "%CURRENT_PATH%\rev-before-update.log"
if not errorlevel 0 goto FAILED

echo Running svn update...
"%TORTOISESVN_PATH%\TortoiseProc.exe" /command:update /path:"%CB_HEAD_PATH%" /notempfile /closeonend:1

echo Checking the latest revision after updating...
echo $WCREV$ > rev-after-update.log
"%TORTOISESVN_PATH%\SubWCRev.exe" "%CB_HEAD_PATH%" "%CURRENT_PATH%\rev-after-update.log" "%CURRENT_PATH%\rev-after-update.log"

echo Compiling Code::Blocks itself...
"%CB_HEAD_PATH%\src\output\codeblocks.exe" --build "%CB_HEAD_PATH%\src\CodeBlocks-NewBuild.cbp" > "%CURRENT_PATH%\build.log"
echo FIXME codeblocks errorlevel: %errorlevel%

echo Running update script...
cd "%CB_HEAD_PATH%\src"
call "%CB_HEAD_PATH%\src\update.bat"

echo Compressing with 7-zip...
"%SEVENZIP_PATH%\7z.exe" a "%CURRENT_PATH%\codeblocks-svnbuild.7z" "%CB_HEAD_PATH%\src\output\*" -r -mx9 -sfx[7zC.sfx]

echo The build has completed.
goto END
:FAILED
echo The build has failed.

:END

--- End code ---

killerbot:
thanks,
I already had nearly something like that ready.
But a build like this is not usable yet on win9x, you need the unicows stuff, and there might be legal problems with that one (see some other threads I started about win98 etc ...)!!!

But will continue to work on it though.
Lieven

takeshimiya:
libunicows is perfectly legal (both the MSLU one of microsoft and the opensource one), it only loads at runtime, either the dependency of microsoft (unicows.dll), or the opensource reverse enginered by mozilla (opencow.dll). Wich both are perfectly legal also.

The only time it will be illegal if is you distribute unicows.dll by microsoft without the redist package (ie. you put the dll directly). Anyways a lot of programs use it in Win9x so chances are that it will be installed beforehand.

You know the app poEdit? It's for translating gettext catalogues. The program is written in wxWidgets, and it's distributed in Unicode with libunicows. It works in any Windows. Imagine if you have Win9x and wants to do translations without unicode, it's a pain.

For more details see http://libunicows.sourceforge.net/

Appart, it's a lot better to link with libunicows instead of MSLU directly, because you don't have to include the entire platform sdk and those kind of things.

Here's all you need in a DevPak: http://devpaks.org/details.php?devpak=82

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version