Author Topic: change the terminal to launch console program on Windows  (Read 8772 times)

franck

change the terminal to launch console program on Windows
« on: April 24, 2008, 10:54:45 am »

How can i change the terminal to launch console program on Windows (replace "cmd" by "msys.bat")?

-Franck.

Offline orel

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: change the terminal to launch console program on Windows
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 06:18:49 pm »
not really CB related but...

under windows, and without changing anything, a command is sent to an executable called CMD.exe, which in fact is the official windows command line tool.

If you want to send commands to another command line executable, just type the path to this program before the command to send.

I am not sure you can replace (or i don't know how to do it) the official windows cmd line by another using the config panel or evenregedit.
But you can try this (never tried myself) :
- go to c:\Windows\System32\
- backup your old cmd.exe as cmd.bak
- copy your new one here and rename it as cmd.exe

Try at your own risk
windows XP SP2
mingw gcc 3.4.5
svn Code::Blocks and M$ Visual Studio 2005 and .NET to eat!! SVNInside plugin :http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,7063.0.html

franck

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 09:20:41 am »

Thank you.

In fact, my question is related to C::B: when running a project, C::B launches a Windows cmd. I would like to know whether it is possible to change it (in order to use msys.bat).

I've looked into "settings" menu: in "General settings" of "Environment settings", there are 2 fields ("shell to run command in" and "Terminal to launch console programs" but there are inactive.

-Franck.

zaradek

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 06:58:59 pm »
Hello,

I have the same goal, and the same problem as you have, franck. "Terminal to launch console programs" is inactive.

Could you find out how to get it work?

Cheers, Máté

Offline elimcodmartinez

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 10:34:02 am »
BUMP.

For far enough I've been using the lame cmd.exe. I've discovered that indeed there are alternatives such as Console2 and others, capable of resizing the terminal and making copypasting not a pain, and I'd like to use them.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 03:41:05 pm »
BUMP.

For far enough I've been using the lame cmd.exe. I've discovered that indeed there are alternatives such as Console2 and others, capable of resizing the terminal and making copypasting not a pain, and I'd like to use them.

Use the tool menu or ToolPlus PlugIn to run the exe; it is NOT hard to do.
It does take a little effort on your part.

Note: I have NOT used the above with another Windows Terminal; but, it should be possible.
If not, please start a new thread in the "Using CB" sub-forum on what you tried to do and how it failed.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:43:06 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org