Author Topic: 13.12 : Any OSX build plan ?  (Read 4754 times)

Offline Ghorgoth

• Multiple posting newcomer
13.12 : Any OSX build plan ?
« on: December 17, 2013, 04:40:26 pm »
Hi,
Will there be any OSX build ? It looks like this OS is pretty forgotten - not that i like it so much - but Codeblocks is supposed to be a crossplarform IDE ;)

Thanks,

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: 13.12 : Any OSX build plan ?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 09:40:43 pm »
Sadly we have no osx developer who could build/develop c::b for osx...
this isn't intentional...

greetings

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 05:51:32 am »
Sadly we have no osx developer who could build/develop c::b for osx...
Well we do have one (and unfortunately exactly one) but his time is very limited. I personally did the last MacOS build with a computer I borrowed from a friend. So maybe we can arrange something. But my personal experience is also, that for OpenSource this is the worst platform you can choose.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Ghorgoth

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 11:19:42 am »
Thanks for answers,
In fact i work on the thee plarforms at the same time (Windows, Linux, OSX) with a big workspace (200+ projects). This is why we chose codeblocks on the first place.
On OSX Codeblocks is really slow (in all aspects, even typing and search in files) but it allows us to build our project, most implementations are done in linux and windows. I can understand that if there is only one developper on its free time no miracle can happen (i don't blame anyone). Still, I was hoping that the new version and the new wx widget would improve the Codeblocks experience on OSX, so it would be great if that happens :D
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:20:43 pm by Ghorgoth »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:21:53 pm »
Still, I was hoping that the new version and the new wx widget would improve the Codeblocks experience on OSX, so it would be great if that happens :D
Hopefully C::B would run a bit better on OSX with wx3.0, but first we need to fix the bugs on windows/linux that wx3.0 has introduced.
But after that someone should test it, report problems and probably provide patches for fixes.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]