Author Topic: [SOLVED] Orthodox method of Configuring C::B for wxWidgets 3  (Read 6958 times)

dcbdbis

[SOLVED] Orthodox method of Configuring C::B for wxWidgets 3
« on: December 12, 2013, 07:06:07 pm »
Good Morning,

Using C::B 12.11 on Arch Linux x86_64. I have a project where I am porting a Windows application to Linux. It's heavy PostgreSQL. It's heavy string oriented, which is awkward at best in any previous release of wxWidgets. I don't have a lot of time invested in the port at this moment, as I just got released to proceed about one week ago.

wxWidgets handles strings in a much better mechanism than any previous version. It makes UTF-8/Unicode much easier to transition between.

I really like C::B. Seriously, Well Done!

I am not that experienced with C::B though, as I come from Embarcadero's commercial C++ RAD. I need guidance on an orthodox, stable method to have C::B and wxSmith to be able to use wxWidgets 3.

And if that means switching to the new RC-2, I can and will do that. I anticipate the final release of the newest C::B to be well before I am deep into the project.

If someone can provide assistance to configure C::B for wxWidgets 3, I would be very, very appreciative. I don't care if that means C::B 12.11, or the latest RC-2. I just need guidance

Thank you!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:44:41 pm by dcbdbis »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Orthodox method of Configuring C::B for wxWidgets 3
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:20:42 pm »
Point it to the wx-config script for wx3.0 and play with it. If there  are problems report them.

13.12 or recent night build have some fixes for crashes related to wxSmith, so if you're seeing crashes try it before reporting.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

dcbdbis

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:27:13 pm »
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.

However being new to C::B, I would appreciate it if you would explain the procedure to do so, or point me to an article on how to do it. Configuring C::B is very different than Embarcadero. I would not like to make a mistake and change the wrong thing.

Thanks!

Respectfully,

Dave

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 09:39:08 pm »
The easiest way is to create a sample wxwidgets project with the wizard and fix the calls to wx-config in "Project -> Build options -> Compiler settings -> Other options" and "Project -> Build options -> Linker settings -> Other linker options", so it points to the correct version of wx-config (or uses the correct parameter to use wx3.0).

dcbdbis

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 09:44:25 pm »
EXCELLENT!!!

This is exactly what I needed!

Thank you indeed,

Sincerely,

Dave