Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

RAD TOOL developers wanted

(1/19) > >>

rickg22:
OK guys. This is serious. I realized that there is NO wxWidgets designer tool in C++. At least not open source. You can read my blog to see how i realized this. (I wish to be wrong, somebody correct me please)

Since I want Code::Blocks to have one by version 2.0, we need to start working on this part of the project. Since yesterday.

So, here's my idea, more or less:

A RAD plugin for code::blocks. The RAD plugin will need to have the following:

* Design window, where you paint your frame (a.k.a. VB "form")
* Widgets Palette
* Object tree (it would go in a separate tab along with the project tree in codeblocks)
* properties window (it would also go in a separate tab)
* And finally, the interaction with the source code.

The central object will be an XML tree used to represent the frame.

Each of these elements will need to have its own C++ class, and they need to interface with each other. How? With the RADPlugin class, who will be the "manager".

Still, the design area is what's troubling me. How to implement it? Has anyone worked with wxdev-cpp to enlighten us about it?

Remember, fellow adventurers! We're pioneers in this unknown area of programming. YOU will be the ones who bring cross-platform RAD development to the world! Those who succeed in this mission will become heroes, and their names shall be remembered by the future generations.

Would you like to become a Codeblocks Hero? Please sign up, and volunteer! :)

hd:
Hi,

(Possibly you already know it, but..)

There is an ongoing discussion about this very subject in wx mail list.
Subject: A new dialog editor for wxWidgets

Maybe you can contact with them ?

--
Regards,
Hakki Dogusan

rob:
take a lok at wxFormBuilder, its in c++, when I first saw it, i immediately thought that it would be the perfect base for a RAD plugin to codeblocks

cyberkoa:
I would like to join.  :oops:

However, I must mention earlier that I am really really new to wxwidgets . My C/C++ development is only up to DOS-GUI level, no experience in  MFC , OWL all kind of framework before. Furthermore, I have not use C/C++ for 5 years.

I am still in the process of learning wxwidget. Hope that you don't mind to have a inexperieced C++ programmer to volunteer to join.

spawn:
Hi,

i´ve read about your dessicion to create an frame(forms)-designer for code::blocks.

I´m coding since a few years in ASM and some C/C++, i have collected some experiences with wxWidgets during some boring sparetime...and some fights
with MFC ! :twisted:

now i´m searching some real interresting "todo´s", i mean projects, where i can spend some time on ( I HAVE TO MUCH ! ) And to get some more experiences in c/c++.

I would like to help you, so if you have some little ore little bigger "todo´s" for a bored coder, tell me!  p.s: wxDev-Cpp have some some little bugs, look at sharpDevelop, they have a good design decision for the problem of   Forms - Designer and XML. The Patterns can be used in c++ also... :P

Hope to hear form you soon...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version