Author Topic: The 01 October 2013 build (9378) is out.  (Read 78678 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 01 October 2013 build (9378) is out.
« on: October 02, 2013, 08:48:57 am »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc471-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc471-TDM.7z
And the exception handler dll (for better crash reports) : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/exchndl_gcc471-TDM.7z

The 01 October 2013 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20131001_rev9378_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• find-replace-dialog: fix shortcut (was used twice)
  • debugger: Improve GetEditorWordAtCaret to work correctly for non-rectangle selections (thanks Huki)
  • wxSmith-plugin: immediately show changed size (after adding first image) and image count in wxsimagelisteditordkg, disable del-, clear- and save-buttons if list is empty
  • wxSmith-plugin (wxsimagelisteditordlg): expand image labels, so larger numbers get not cut off; add button to save a single bitmap instead of only sving the list as one large bitmap; many differences come from autogeneration of the source files with actual wxSmith
  • SDK: introduce CodeBlocksThreadEvent which is thread safe to carry wxString cross threads, also remove the mutex in CClogger class, as we don't need them. see the discussion: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,18059.0.html
  • manager: Don't translate the name of all cbEVT_XXX types (thanks gd_on)
  • wxSmith-plugin: fix layout issue; only the top-sizer with the title of wxsImageTreeEditorDlg was shown
  • wxPropgrid: correct handling of composite flags in wxFlagsProperty; backport of my patch for wxWidgets, see: http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/74808
  • wxSmith- and wxSmithContribItems-plugin: correct handling of composite-flags in codegeneration of wxsRichTextCtrl, wxsRichTextFormattingDialog, wxsRichTextStyleOrganiserDialog and wxsChart
  • debugger: Fix a crash when the locals or func args are disabled during debugging session
  • debugger: Refresh watches, when locals or func args are added during debugging sessoin
  • ui: Remove the shortcut for hiding the editor tabs, because it causes too much complaints in the forum
  • CC: handle macro definition correctly, distinguish between function like macro definition and variable like definition (thanks Huki)
  • CC: correctly find the end of a c style comment (thanks Huki)
  • CC: only skip after single equal sign, not double equals sign (thanks Huki)
  • CC: when reading the parentheses, set the correct Tokenizer mode(tsReadRawExpression), also skip comments after the first '(' (thanks Huki)
  • ThreadSearch-plugin: initially load search history in toolbar combobox
  • ThreadSearch-plugin: really remove last item of toolbarcombo, if max-count is reached
  • ThreadSearch-plugin: use right-click event instead of menu event to invoke context-menu of logger-tree, this avoids annoying pop up of the infopanes context menu after the tree contextmenu was closed (happened at least with wxGTK)
  • ThreadSearch-plugin: do not skip delete-event, to avoid double invocation of it, fixes an assert and (sometimes) crash with wx2.9+ (at least with wxGTK)
  • ThreadSearch-plugin: immediately return from loggert-tree click event, if the tree was cleared; avoid annoying pop up of "Failed to retrieve file path and line number" messagebox after leaving configuration dialog (happened at least on wxGTK)
  • pumped wxPDFDoc to 0.9.4 (includes many changes related to wx29)
  • pumped (wx)scintilla to v3.3.5
  • pumped astyle lib to v2.0.4 final
  • applied patch #3478: Add line breaking option to AStyle
  • applied patch #3480: Fix menu entry for scripts are not updated
  • ui: Allow the user to change the colours of the linenumbers and the margin in the editor
  • info_window: Improve multi monitor support
  • CC: reliable working of UngetToken() when macro expansion is involved, it set the undo index value correctly(thanks Huki)
  • CC: avoid take backward step (UngetToken) twice in the Tokenizer class
  • colours: Use the proper constant for start page's background, wxSYS_COLOUR_BACKGROUND returns the destop's colour on windows (related to r9361)
  • colours: Use wxSYS_COLOUR_WINDOWTEXT colour instead of just black for the text colour

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:35:40 pm by killerbot »

Offline kingfox

• Multiple posting newcomer
    Re: The 01 October 2013 build (9295) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 11:36:50 am »
    wondeful! :D

Offline carra

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 03:09:35 pm »
    That's a lot of fixes, congrats!!

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
    « Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 04:25:29 pm »
    Hi,
    the title of the post should be with svn number 9378, not 9295.

gd_on
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 06:18:40 pm by gd_on »
    Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
    « Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 06:28:51 pm »
    Does code completition take into account the 'using' statements? I'm guessing it doesn't because cc doesn't kick in when I type 'cout.' if I use 'using std::cout;' but it does kick in when I write 'using namespace std;' or 'std::cout.'. I just wonder if that's a bug or a limitation.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 07:01:50 pm »
    CC handles using directives very poorly, unfortunately.
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline p2rkw

• Almost regular
    « Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 10:06:35 pm »
    How long c::b uses gtk3?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 10:25:46 pm »
    How long c::b uses gtk3?
    Hm, you'll have to try again, because it is not clear what are you asking.
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline rathapolk

Re: The 01 October 2013 build (9378) is out.
    « Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 08:35:29 pm »
    When I go to properties on a file and tick "Use custom command to build this file" in Advanced tab, it will automatically tick "File is read-only" in General tab. Is this an intended behavior? 

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
      • My Best Post
    « Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 09:00:56 pm »
    When I go to properties on a file and tick "Use custom command to build this file" in Advanced tab, it will automatically tick "File is read-only" in General tab. Is this an intended behavior?  

If the file is read only (Operating System Setting), yes it is the intended behavior.

Tim S.
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:07:55 pm by stahta01 »
    C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
    On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
    --
    When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
    « Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 11:18:57 pm »

If the file is read only (Operating System Setting), yes it is the intended behavior.

Tim S.

I am also experiencing this and unfortunately the files are not read only. I think that's a bug.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 11:50:24 pm »
    It is a bug...

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 10:38:43 am »
    Should be fixed in trunk.

Offline Static

• Single posting newcomer
    « Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 11:42:46 am »
    What about #include filenames completion? This feature seems to work sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.
    Assume I want to include the file at "../dialogs/CustomDialog.h"
    So, I type:
    #include "../d" (note the closing quote mark)
    and here comes CC suggesting "../dialogs/CustomDialog.h". I press 'enter' and get
    #include "../dialogs/CustomDialog.h"" (extra quote mark)
    or even
    #include "../d../dialogs/CustomDialog.h" (my input wasn't overwritten)
    But sometimes headers completion works perfectly.
    Should this be reported as a bug?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 12:05:50 pm »
    fIf you can provide simple project and the exact steps to reproduce it - the yes report it as a bug.