User forums > Nightly builds

Nightly Builds (on a daily basis)

<< < (5/5)

artoj:
From the RSS 2.0 specification

--- Quote ---A frequently asked question about <guid>s is how do they compare to <link>s. Aren't they the same thing? Yes, in some content systems, and no in others. In some systems, <link> is a permalink to a weblog item. However, in other systems, each <item> is a synopsis of a longer article, <link> points to the article, and <guid> is the permalink to the weblog entry. In all cases, it's recommended that you provide the guid, and if possible make it a permalink. This enables aggregators to not repeat items, even if there have been editing changes.

--- End quote ---

tiwag:

--- Quote from: artoj on January 05, 2006, 11:59:30 am ---... In all cases, it's recommended that you provide the guid, and if possible make it a permalink. This enables aggregators to not repeat items, even if there have been editing changes.

--- End quote ---
seems to be written by the Sage dev's ;-) - it's the only rss reader i have available where this works !

[append]
possibly it has to do with the fact, that the other rss feeds which i use
are using this

<rss version="0.92">
</rss>

interesting news anyways ...
[/append]

Revvy:
I'd love it if the list of changes were included in the feed posts.  I subscribe to the Firefox nightly builds and the changelog there is quite useful for deciding whether to get it or not.  It saves that extra five seconds of going to the forum post =P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version