Author Topic: mingw32-g++.exe fatal error: no input files  (Read 30609 times)

Offline vinfang

• Single posting newcomer
mingw32-g++.exe fatal error: no input files
« on: August 23, 2013, 01:46:54 am »
I've seen various posts on this in the past and it was due to either spaces in the directory path or they just chose to reinstall everything. I'm currently using Code::Blocks 12.11 and I opened the project and made sure all the source files are added in the project using the directories in Project -> Building Options -> Search Directories for GNU GCC Compiler and all those directories look correct. With the full compiler logging set to on by default this is what the -I include directories look like from CodeBlocks

-------------- Build: Release in MegaMareX (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -Wextra -Wall -Winvalid-pch -include "pch.h"   -D_ALLEGRO_PROJECT_ -D_BASS_PROJECT_ -D_TARGET_OS_WINDOWS_    -ISourceCode\Classes\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\Camera\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\Door\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\MechSuit\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\MovingContainers\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\Particles\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\Projectiles\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\Sprites\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\Triggers\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\Zones\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Movies\ -ISourceCode\Classes\World\2DLineart\ -ISourceCode\Classes\World\Map\ -ISourceCode\Classes\World\Map\Isometric\ -ISourceCode\Classes\World\Map\LineArt\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\Animation\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\Bitmap\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\DataList\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\Files\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\Fonts\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\LinkedLists\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\Loading\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\Palettes\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\Strings\ -ISourceCode\Definitions\ -ISourceCode\Enemies\ -ISourceCode\Enemies\EnemyAI\ -ISourceCode\Enemies\EnemyAI\AIAttack\ -ISourceCode\Enemies\EnemyAI\AIMovement\ -ISourceCode\Enemies\EnemyAppearance\ -ISourceCode\Enemies\EnemyHealth\ -ISourceCode\Enemies\EnemyHitbox\ -ISourceCode\Executors\ -ISourceCode\Executors\Audio\ -ISourceCode\Executors\GUI\ -ISourceCode\Executors\System\ -ISourceCode\Executors\Transitions\ -ISourceCode\Gears\ -ISourceCode\Gears\Game\ -ISourceCode\Gears\LevelSelect\ -ISourceCode\Gears\Title\ -ISourceCode\GUI\ -ISourceCode\GUI\AnimList\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Objects\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Objects\Buttons\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Objects\Images\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Objects\ScrollBars\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Objects\Text\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Specifics\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Specifics\BossHealthBar\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Specifics\LevelSelectScreen\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Specifics\LyraHealthBar\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Specifics\TitleScreen\ -ISourceCode\Libraries\ -ISourceCode\Macros\ -ISourceCode\Macros\Common\ -ISourceCode\Macros\Deletion\ -ISourceCode\Macros\Functions\ -ISourceCode\Macros\HitDetection\ -ISourceCode\Macros\ZLib\ -ISourceCode\Managers\ -ISourceCode\Managers\External\ -ISourceCode\Managers\External\Lua\ -ISourceCode\Managers\External\SugarLumps\ -ISourceCode\Managers\Game\ -ISourceCode\Managers\Game\Entities\ -ISourceCode\Managers\Game\MapManager\ -ISourceCode\Managers\Game\SpawnManager\ -ISourceCode\Managers\Interface\ -ISourceCode\Managers\Interface\Audio\ -ISourceCode\Managers\Interface\Camera\ -ISourceCode\Managers\Interface\Control\ -ISourceCode\Managers\Interface\Display\ -ISourceCode\Managers\System\ -ISourceCode\Managers\System\Console\ -ISourceCode\Managers\System\Debug\ -ISourceCode\Managers\System\Options\ -ISourceCode\Managers\System\Transition\ -ISourceCode\Player\ -ISourceCode\Player\Weapons\ -ISourceCode\Player\Weapons\FrostCannon\ -ISourceCode\Player\ZRoutines\ -ISourceCode\Samples\ -ISourceCode\ZBoot\ -ISourceCode\ZProgram\ -IC:\Libs\allegro-5.0.9-mingw-4.6.2\include\ -IC:\Libs\bass-2.4-dll\include\ -IC:\Libs\freetype\include -IC:\MinGW\include\ -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1\include\" -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\Sockets\ -ISourceCode\Managers\External\Network\ -IC:\Libs\SpineBinaries\include\ -ISourceCode\Classes\Entities\SpineEntity\ -ISourceCode\CoreClasses\Puppets\ -ISourceCode\GUI\Specifics\PauseScreen\  -c C:\cygnus\SourceCode\Classes\Entities\Camera\Camera.cc -o obj\R\SourceCode\Classes\Entities\Camera\Camera.o
mingw32-g++.exe: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

and yet it's acting like those files in the directories don't exist. Looking at the FAQs it doesn't look like how you add search directories have changed so I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this issue? I've also tried running CodeBlocks as Administrator and it doesn't seem to be a permissions issue. I've also verified that those directories exist and they have the source files in them. The only thing is instead of us using virtual folders, we decided to use the Project Tree to represent how they are seen on disk to make our lives easier.

Offline vinfang

• Single posting newcomer
Re: mingw32-g++.exe fatal error: no input files
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 02:00:53 am »
Solved the issue. In our Settings -> Global Variables one of our built in fields had spaces, C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1 for example. Even though the full command line showed that CodeBlocks put the library in quotes, if I put the quotes around that path instead, the output of the compiler is this -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1"\include\

I'm not sure how that is different from -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lua\5.1\include\" but it compiles fine now.