Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Compiler Framework Redesign

Compiler framework redesign (?)

<< < (9/9)

mandrav:

--- Quote from: kingfox on November 15, 2007, 03:57:04 pm ---How about the progress of redesigning the compiler framework ?

--- End quote ---

No progress. This is planned for v2.0.

lescho:
Hello,

during the weekend I tried to add the GCC AVR32 compiler to CB. A just copied the ARM sources and added the new stuff to the compiler factory. It works but I'm not quite happy with the process of adding a compiler. A solution like the one described at the beginning of this thread would be much more convenient. Does someone has this on the agenda?

Another thing is that I've to change the actions of the 'Run' command. As I can't simply execute a AVR32 elf on my PC, I like to execute the external avr32program tool to program the image into the corresponding target MCU. I didn't found anything about that in the compiler plugins. Can someone point me to the right direction.

Thanks Lescho

dasfoo:

--- Quote from: lescho on August 16, 2010, 01:27:24 pm ---Hello,

during the weekend I tried to add the GCC AVR32 compiler to CB. A just copied the ARM sources and added the new stuff to the compiler factory. It works but I'm not quite happy with the process of adding a compiler. A solution like the one described at the beginning of this thread would be much more convenient. Does someone has this on the agenda?

Thanks Lescho

--- End quote ---

I'm poking around at this. With an eye to adding the Yagarto compiler this way. Currently working on the code to save and load compiler definitions from an xml file(s).  Currently I'm looking at how ConfigManager handles the default.conf file so as to keep things consistent and not reinvent the wheel.

dasfoo:
An issue to address, especially with the AVR compilers is that it's possible for there to be more than one compiler installed.

For instance I have, WinAVR-20071221 and WinAVR-20090313 installed.  For a few older projects I need the 2007 version because it produces slightly smaller code.  But for new projects I'm using 20090313.

Seems that it would be a good idea if the AutoDetectCompiler routine would do a little more than detect the first compiler in the path, it should grind through the path and look for all instances and report any it finds.

Another nice thing would be if the Auto Detect routine would ask the compiler to report it's version information.  AKA arv-gcc -v returns gcc version 4.3.2 (WinAvr 20090313)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version