Author Topic: Setting up Boost with Code::Blocks  (Read 2980 times)

CatfishisAstupidShow

Setting up Boost with Code::Blocks
« on: July 25, 2013, 07:48:05 am »
I have followed every tutorial that i could find on how to do this and i made it all the way to the end. I'm getting the following kinds of errors when i try to build my program that uses Boost::regex

Code
undefined reference to `boost::re_detail::cpp_regex_traits_char_layer<char>::init()

Whenever i compile the test program located at http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15164.0.html it works 100% no problem. But when i try to use a program that uses the regular expression stuff it doesn't work.

OH you think i haven't linked those libboost_regex.a files? I have and i still get 40 of those undefined reference messages when i try to build my program. Is there any reason i would continue to see this error messages even if i have linked the .a files, included the lib directory where the .a files live in the linker directory to search tab, and included the overall folder for all the boost files in the compiler directory search tab?

I'm using GCC compiler and when i built my boost libraries i made sure to change msvc to gcc in the project_config.jam file.

Any ideas what the hell is going on ?

thanks!

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Setting up Boost with Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 06:07:18 pm »
hello!

add the compiler option -v and make a rebuild, then post the !full! build log here...

greetings