Author Topic: Dark theme - contribution  (Read 78812 times)

Offline golgepapaz

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Dark theme - contribution
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 11:09:17 am »
Yeah . Good work

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 03:00:08 pm »
Now all 11 colour themes at the wiki page have screenshots.
@devs: The embedded .conf file makes this page rather large.  Should we upload it to SourceForge and/or SVN, and put a link on the wiki instead?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 03:08:50 pm »
We need some way to make it user controlled. Someone could start a separate project on github or sf.net where all these themes could be stored.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

georger

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 12:19:59 am »
We need some way to make it user controlled. Someone could start a separate project on github or sf.net where all these themes could be stored.
While that doesn't happen, I've uploaded a new theme to the wiki page.
I am satisfied that now there 14 themes available, and I am content with the theme I chose for my own use (Modnokai Night Shift v2). I do not have plans for adding more themes in the foreseeable future.

georger

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 09:50:29 pm »
While that doesn't happen, I've uploaded a new theme to the wiki page.
I am satisfied that now there 14 themes available, and I am content with the theme I chose for my own use (Modnokai Night Shift v2). I do not have plans for adding more themes in the foreseeable future.
Shame on me, I've added yet another theme to the wiki page...
@devs, any chance of this making it to trunk?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 10:41:54 pm »
A theme can make it in trunk, only if it has been implemented for most of the languages we support.
A C/C++ only theme is useless most of the times.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 10:50:52 pm »
A future idea someone could consider, if they have the programming time, is to change lexers so instead of (or maybe in addition to) taking color parameters for each item, they take a variable name ex. "MainKeyword", "LightComment", "Operator",...
Then creating a new theme could be done for all languages by creating a new color set of definitions for the variables.

georger

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 10:54:50 pm »
A theme can make it in trunk, only if it has been implemented for most of the languages we support.
Ouch. I see Code::Blocks as a C/C++ IDE. How come "A C/C++ only theme is useless most of the times"?

There are 45 languages listed in Settings/Editor.../Syntax highlighting. It's a daunting task to create a new theme that supports "only", say, 15 of those. If by "most" you mean at least half, it becomes discouraging.

How about the dev team runs a poll to find out what languages people use most in Code::Blocks?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 11:54:04 pm »
How come "A C/C++ only theme is useless most of the times"?
Let it say another way: we cannot ship it in the installation, because it will be incomplete.

There have been a user that have done a perl script that does a theme conversion.
See here for details: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,17896.0.html

Offline Ansem

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2013, 05:39:03 pm »
Looks very good. I had my own monokai theme but I've overwrote it after
installing another theme from here so the OPs advice about backing it up is
sound.

Here is a comparison between SublimeText's monokai theme and
this one. Scintilla's lexer seems indeed limited.

That light blue (or is it teal? I am colour blind.  :) ) colour for keywords
seem better suited but that's up to one's own taste I guess.

Hi, i like a lot the right theme! How can I do for install it on my codeblocks on linux?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:45:28 pm by Ansem »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, 07:51:02 pm »
You can't, because the parser/lexer/highlighter in SublimeEdit is different than the one we're using. Sorry.
You'll have to bug the Scintilla developers to improve their C++ lexers, until then we could do nothing.

Offline Ansem

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 01:12:02 pm »
You can't, because the parser/lexer/highlighter in SublimeEdit is different than the one we're using. Sorry.
You'll have to bug the Scintilla developers to improve their C++ lexers, until then we could do nothing.
i can at least use the left theme? there is some script for it?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 01:42:11 pm »
You can import it with the cb_share_config available in the CB's installation.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 01:58:56 pm »
First this
georger_br: Can you start a page on the wiki with your theme, so we can start collecting users supplied themes and to store them in a single place?

And then after the user painstakingly creates a wiki page it is deleted saying

What is wrong with us? Can't the original page content be kept with a warning that it us a C/C++ only theme?

Seriously I don't get the rationale behind wiping that page clean. We are simply discouraging users to contribute to C::B improvement.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 02:04:32 pm »
First this
georger_br: Can you start a page on the wiki with your theme, so we can start collecting users supplied themes and to store them in a single place?

And then after the user painstakingly creates a wiki page it is deleted saying

What is wrong with us? Can't the original page content be kept with a warning that it us a C/C++ only theme?

Seriously I don't get the rationale behind wiping that page clean. We are simply discouraging users to contribute to C::B improvement.
It was the user himself, who cleaned the wiki-page (see: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Syntax_highlighting_custom_colour_themes&action=history).
I guess he was discouraged, because of Alpha's comment about c++-only themes.

But it's still in the wiki's history: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Syntax_highlighting_custom_colour_themes&oldid=7656