Author Topic: New logo  (Read 25102 times)

takeshimiya

Re: New logo
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2005, 03:23:49 pm »
You can import PSD files into the GIMP.......
Heh, that's why I said I tried, but GIMP doesn't have the concept "layer effects" or "blending options", so it doesn't works.

sethjackson

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2005, 03:46:15 pm »
Oh I see. :lol:

Yeah I wish GIMP had it oh well.  :(

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2005, 04:15:36 pm »
One of the ideas behind wxWidgets is to not need skins, even across different operating systems. Rather, the interface widgets are "guaranteed" to be one that the user is most familiar with (the one native to their OS). I put it in quotes because there are a couple bugs in it. For the most part it is working very good though. :)

Yes, wxWidgets uses OS native widgets, but e.g., the wxUniversal project not. Anyway, it should be possible to add some personalisation features that would make the use of C::B more pleasant for each user. But this is now IMHO not so important. May be later after the release of C::B version 1.

Michael

takeshimiya

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2005, 04:25:52 pm »
(Trying to not go off-topic)

I'm almost sure that C::B doesn't currently compile with the Universal port (it will be a miracle).
BTW the main point of wxUniversal is not themeing (altrough is a good point), instead, it's bringing easily new widgets, or new supported platforms.
It was made to support the wxMGL port, which supports a lot of systems: Windows, Linux, DOS, OS/2, QNX, SMX, RT-Target and other embedded operating systems.

I can't imagine C::B running in DOS or OS/2. lol :lol:

An interesting fact about wxUniversal is that it haves some exclusive widgets that no other port haves.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2005, 04:47:46 pm »

I too :D.

Michael

sethjackson

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2005, 06:15:27 pm »

I too :D.

Michael

Haha :lol:

Ascen

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2008, 02:16:10 am »
This thread has been long dead and buried, and my intention is not to reawaken the
defence reaction in any of the proponents of the current logo with my first post at the forum.

However, the first thing that I thought when going to the Code::Blocks main site was
"What the heck, is this a M$ product as well?"

The logo may be all fine and dandy, but you will be confused for M$ cronies with the
current logo by anyone seeing it for the first time (and not knowing in advance what this
is about)

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2008, 03:48:22 pm »
However, the first thing that I thought when going to the Code::Blocks main site was
"What the heck, is this a M$ product as well?"

Maybe that's an advantage for attracting those millions and millions of users that use M$ products, that still dominate the market share today.  :wink: