Author Topic: Can't create objects and dependencies directories  (Read 6773 times)

Can't create objects and dependencies directories
« on: March 15, 2005, 11:18:19 am »
I'm new to CB and just exploring the IDE

Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but when I try to compile a project, I keep getting errors that say that the output directories can't be created, and the path where they should be created isn't the one appearing in the error message. I even created the directories manually but the error keeps appearing.

Can anyone help me with this?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 12:28:02 pm »
When asking for help, you should give as much info as possible...
Give us the following info:

* codeblocks version
* OS Version
* Full compile log

In order to enable the full compile log, in beta5, go to "Settings/Configure plugins/Compiler", switch to the "Other" tab and select "Full compile log" for your compiler. Then re-compile...

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 12:21:35 am »
Well... here it goes
I'm using beta 5 release on a WinXP SP2
I set the compiler log to full logging. I didn't find any actual log file, so, i guess the log is in the compiler tab.

Code
Project   : CEGUIBase
Compiler  : Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 (called directly)
Directory : C:\GNU\CEGUI\cegui_mk2\makefiles\win32\VC++7.1\BaseSystem\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calculating dependencies: ..\..\..\..\src\CEGUIBase.cpp
:
: (more stuff like this..)
:
Calculating dependencies: ..\..\..\..\src\CEGUIcolour.cpp
Switching to target: Release
cl.exe /nologo    /DWIN32 /DNDEBUG /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCEGUIBASE_EXPORTS /GX /WX /W3 /DWIN32 /DNDEBUG /D_WINDOWS /D_USRDLL /DCEGUIBASE_EXPORTS   /I"C:\\Archivos de programa\\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\\include" /I"..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\..\\Archivos de programa\\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\\include\\gl" /I"..\\..\\..\\..\\include" /I"..\\..\\..\\..\\dependencies\\include" /c "..\\..\\..\\..\\src\\CEGUIBase.cpp" /Fo"..\\..\\..\\..\\src\\..\\..\\..\\..\\Build\\Release\\CEGUIBase.obj"
CEGUIBase.cpp
fatal error C1083: Cannot open compiler generated file: '..\\..\\..\\..\\src\\..\\..\\..\\..\\Build\\Release\\CEGUIBase.obj': No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (1 minutes, 16 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

The error messages don't appear in this log but they just say something like  "Can't create dependencies output directory C:\Build\.deps" and that's not even the place they should be created. Same for the object output directories.
I followed the example you posted for compiling Ogre3D with a very similar tree structure and two compiler targets (Release | Debug)...

any clues?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 12:44:57 am »
any clues?

Yes, wait for beta6. It's coming this week ;)
Seriously, all these issues have been ironed out.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 12:57:45 am »
Great!.. thanks a lot Yiannis for great IDE and such great support