User forums > Help

Windows cannot find *.cbp file; DDE bug (I think)

(1/3) > >>

ragnarok2040:
First off, I love your IDE, it's the best one I've used, especially with the compiler plugin.

I recently found a bug, although I'm not sure if it's caused by my system. When double-clicking a .cbp file, it opens fine in CodeBlocks, but Windows gives me a "Windows cannot find C:\Path\to\file.cbp" error. Disabling the DDE server for the .cbp filetype removes the error, though CodeBlocks then asks me to associate files again. The error doesn't come up for other filetypes associated with CodeBlocks. When the error occurs, I get a crash when exiting CodeBlocks.

AppName: codeblocks.exe ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217     Offset: 00019ecd

Exception Information:
Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000 Address: 0x0000000077f69ecd

Hope this helps, :D.

Anonymous:
Actually, the crash is occurring just by closing CodeBlocks too fast after opening a project file, heh. Not related to the other error, after all.

mandrav:
Both bugs are known.
The DDE bug, I can't make anything of it. I don't know what windows expects from the app... As far as I can tell, codeblocks behaves as expected internally, but windows still gives this error, only if codeblocks isn't already running...

The "early shutdown" bug happens because there are still active class parsing threads. We 're working on it.

Thanx,
Yiannis.

Anonymous:
Ahh, ok, :D. Clearing the DDE Message box fixes the problem, for a quick fix, although I don't know what that might affect. CodeBlocks seems to be fine with it.

Anonymous:
Wasn't sure if this would be a known one, but, when opening a workspace that contains two large projects, this error occurs:

14:12:37: Can't create thread (error 8: not enough storage is available to process this command.)

I hope this helps :S..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version