Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Compiler Framework Redesign

XML based compilers resources

<< < (2/2)

MortenMacFly:

--- Quote from: daniloz on January 07, 2013, 12:31:04 pm ---BTW, I'm not very acquainted with the inner details of the plugin system, but why does these XML files for the compiler plugin have to be directly copied, while all other plugins put their files inside a ZIP file?

--- End quote ---
Because they may be modified if you either change the compiler's options, or want to change the defaults. These XML files are explicitly there to be modified if needed (hence for experts only, to adjust the build system the way they like/need). So this is a read/write access, while usually plugin resources are read-only. The latter can be ZIPed.

daniloz:

--- Quote from: MortenMacFly on January 07, 2013, 01:50:03 pm ---Because they may be modified if you either change the compiler's options, or want to change the defaults. These XML files are explicitly there to be modified if needed (hence for experts only, to adjust the build system the way they like/need). So this is a read/write access, while usually plugin resources are read-only. The latter can be ZIPed.

--- End quote ---
Oh, I see. Now I understand... So, I'll keep the post-build patch on my local copy.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version