Author Topic: Can't succeed to compile CB SVN against wxWidgets 2.8 under OSX 10.6.8 (solved)  (Read 34845 times)

Offline Martin K.

• Multiple posting newcomer
I'am a little bit deeper on this.

The difference is something in the configure script. config.log of codeblocks configure notes:
configure:2226: checking build system type
configure:2244: result: x86_64-apple-darwin12.2.0

while config.log of wxwidgets configure notes:

configure:1725: checking build system type
configure:1743: result: i686-apple-darwin12.2.0

i gave the same flags to both. And here i'm totally lost, i know nothing about autoconf

Martin

From http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Mac_OS_X#FYI:_32-bit_or_64-bit

Code
mkdir x86-build
cd x86-build
../configure --host=i686-apple-darwin8 --target=i686-apple-darwin8 --with-contrib-plugins=all
cd ..

What did you use for target? I would try "i686-apple-darwin12.2.0" for target and maybe for host.
Not sure what the host should be.

Tim S.

No, this does not help. The configure scripts are having no support for such a configuration. I cannot build a 1.6 targeted 32 bit codeblocks on a 10.8 64 Bit system. The wxWidgets configuration.in has such support, but i don't know how to insert it into the codeblocks configuration.in file.
some autoconf guru around here?

Martin

Offline eranon

• Almost regular
Of course, you have to ensure that the library and the project using the library (here Codeblocks) have been built targetting the same architecture. So, did you use something related to the architecture (32-bit or 64-bit, Intel/Motorola PPC) in the framework of CFLAG/CXXFLAGS/LDFLAGS during configure of both wxWidgets and Code::Blocks (I mean something like "arch i386) ?

Second question : does OS X 10.8 still 32-bit able (don't know by myself since I'm under 10.6) ?
[Independent dev. - wxWidgets 3.0.0 under "Win 7 Pro 64-bit, C::B SVN 9435 & wxSmith, TDM64-GCC 4.7 & MSVC9" + "OS X 10.8, FSF GCC 4.7 & C::B SVN 8909"]