Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > CodeCompletion redesign

Welcome to CodeCompletion redesign forum!

(1/2) > >>

rickg22:
This forum is for discussing the different C++ parser models, tokenizer, class browser, and everything related to revamping the Code Completion plugin.

It is *NOT* about reporting bugs in the current version.

Welcome! :)

takeshimiya:
Great :)
I find the CodeCompletion plugin the most important plugin after the Compiler plugin.
Or more precisely, the parser inside the CodeCompletion plugin.

Once we'll have a complete AST generated of the code, we can do a lot of things: code completion, refactoring, code test coverage, graphic class diagrams, UML modeling, documentation on the fly in the tooltips, and any kind of thing involved with the code.

Game_Ender:

--- Quote from: Takeshi Miya on December 21, 2005, 05:23:46 am ---Once we'll have a complete AST generated of the code, we can do a lot of things: code completion, refactoring, code test coverage, graphic class diagrams, UML modeling, documentation on the fly in the tooltips, and any kind of thing involved with the code.

--- End quote ---

All things that have been flying around in my head.  During my lunch tomorrow I am going to try and get Elsa working (only on linux first) and dive a little deeper its AST structure.  It is late now and I am off to bed, see you all tomorrow.

Michael:

--- Quote from: Game_Ender on December 21, 2005, 06:23:23 am ---...I am going to try and get Elsa working (only on linux first)...

--- End quote ---

IMHO, it should be chosen a parser that compiles both in Windows and Linux and not just under one OS. I think this is important and should kept in mind since the beginning.

Michael

TDragon:
Just to let everyone know that I'm still around, silently working on this stuff too. Actually, you can forget that I'm here. Maybe I'll surprise everyone one of these days...

--- Quote from: Michael on December 21, 2005, 01:48:37 pm ---IMHO, it should be chosen a parser that compiles both in Windows and Linux and not just under one OS. I think this is important and should kept in mind since the beginning.
--- End quote ---
While that would be easier, the possibility does exist for adapting Unix-centric code to our purpose -- especially if the Unix-centric code provides more overall functionality.

I'm currently working with the C++ grammar for ANTLR, which is surprisingly well done. Further updates as results warrant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version