Author Topic: What I had to do to get the sdl template to work...  (Read 6822 times)

Offline edexter2

• Single posting newcomer
What I had to do to get the sdl template to work...
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:16:26 pm »
What I did was create a seperate sdl directory off of the mingw and I had to put the include files in the sdl directory and in a include directory off of the sdl directory. 

void *__gxx_personality_v0;

Then I had to add this line to the example because I was getting a strange error.  Other than that it is working great and I am now using the newest version of codeblocks.  I did have an issue where I have more than one version of gcc that it had detected so I had it trying to use more than one compiler....  The help thing is working great, I haven't tried adding a relitive path though to see if I can have codeblocks as being portable...  Being able to have more helpfiles is fantastic and hopefully more are added to the distro.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: What I had to do to get the sdl template to work...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »
What I did was create a seperate sdl directory off of the mingw and I had to put the include files in the sdl directory and in a include directory off of the sdl directory.  

void *__gxx_personality_v0;

Then I had to add this line to the example because I was getting a strange error.  Other than that it is working great and I am now using the newest version of codeblocks.  I did have an issue where I have more than one version of gcc that it had detected so I had it trying to use more than one compiler....  The help thing is working great, I haven't tried adding a relitive path though to see if I can have codeblocks as being portable...  Being able to have more helpfiles is fantastic and hopefully more are added to the distro.

Warning your fix is NOT really a good fix in all cases.

Anyone reading this thread should read info on this link http://stackoverflow.com/questions/329059/what-is-gxx-personality-v0-for
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:13:27 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org