Author Topic: Running non-Windows executables  (Read 6255 times)

Offline ET

• Single posting newcomer
    • http://
Running non-Windows executables
« on: March 07, 2005, 12:45:48 pm »
I'm looking to use Code::Blocks as a cross compiler. When I run the program, I want to run a command (the simulator) and provide the executable's name as a parameter. I tried using "Project \ Set execution parameters..." but I have the following problems:

1. I don't know what format to use to tell it what I need to tell it, i.e., to insert the exeutable's name into the parameters line.

2. I'm not sure what "This target provides the project's main executable" means. On the face of it, it sounds like it should be off, in my case. However, it's ticked whenever I enter the dialogue.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Running non-Windows executables
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 01:59:07 pm »
When I run the program, I want to run a command (the simulator) and provide the executable's name as a parameter

Currently, the parameters are only parameters. The executable is the one from the build target. If you want a different behaviour, please submit a feature request.

I'm not sure what "This target provides the project's main executable" means

It's a convenience feature, for multi-target projects. you can mark one of the targets as the "main" executable so that the dialog displaying which target to run has the "main" target already selected.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...