Author Topic: "The perspective XXX has changed..." dialog  (Read 26023 times)

Offline ncassetta

• Single posting newcomer
"The perspective XXX has changed..." dialog
« on: November 14, 2012, 03:14:00 pm »
I tried to install the 12.11 RC1. I put it in the same directory of my previuos installation (10.05 in Windows XP). All works fine except this: when I change perspective (i.e when I start or stop debugging or quit the program) the dialog "The perspective XXX has changed: do you want to save it?" appears even if I didn't change anything.
I had this problem also when I tried to install nightly builds (copying the codeblocks.exe file in my Codeblocks directory)
How can I fix this? Must I install in another directory? ( :-[ I don't like to have two versions of the same program installed: if the new release works I'll keep it!)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: "The perspective XXX has changed..." dialog
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 03:28:52 pm »
This is dialog you can dismiss, see the checkbox at the lower right corner, check it and you won't see this ever again.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 03:55:11 pm »
You can also have a look in "Settings -> Environment... -> View -> Save selected tab message pane on perspective change".
After changing this, you might need to save the perspective once before it takes effect (not sure at the moment).

Offline ncassetta

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 12:24:39 pm »
Yes, saving all perspectives once again is the solution!
I seem to remember that, when I tried to install a nightly build, CB kept asking me to save the perspectives, even if I saved them. Now, instead, it ask me only the first time.
Thank you
Nicola

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 01:10:27 pm »
"Settings -> Environment... -> View -> Save selected tab message pane on perspective change"
LOL - I never realised we have such an option... nevertheless: I don't get what it means?! (Its on in my C::B.)
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 01:13:58 pm »
saving which tab was active in "Logs and messages" can lead to the question, even if nothing else has changed, and the tabs change automagically in many situations (e.g. while compiling or while searching), so this question (and/or the saving) is probably not wanted, so it can be ignored.