Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > CodeCompletion redesign

Progress with SearchTree class

<< < (2/5) > >>

Urxae:

--- Quote from: rickg22 on December 20, 2005, 04:55:48 pm ---Yes, it's by design. Edges (words) are only split when needed, to. Notice that there is no node with only one child. This is what allows the path compression and saves space in memory :)

Each node has a list of the items and their corresponding depths. In this case, "psychiatrists" has an item with depth 12 for "psychiatrist", and another with depth 13 for "psychiatrists". When a node is split, the items are recalculated so they belong to the right node (at least in theory, i haven't checked if that one works :P )

--- End quote ---

Ah ok then, but that wasn't shown in the tree. Maybe you could append something like "[12, 13]" to the tree output for those nodes to show that?
Well it doesn't really matter as it's debug output, but that way you could check if it works at least.

rickg22:
I'll debug in an easier way: associating the strings with themselves. If a string doesn't match, then something is wrong. :)

anonuser:
Neat searching. Have you tested searching?

rickg22:
Adding a node implies searching for it, so yes, it's definitely tested ;-)
In fact, I realized some of the inserts weren't working right because there was a fault in the search.

anonuser:
Very neat. This is for the code completion right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version