Author Topic: Today's updates: 30 Nov 2005  (Read 20794 times)

Offline Urxae

• Regular
Re: Today's updates: 30 Nov 2005
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 04:30:46 pm »
Judging by the redirection, I presume it now also sends the build outpout to stdout? If so, you forgot to mention this.

Yes, I thought it was evident by the example :)

Just thought I'd clarify as Rick asked about it earlier in the thread and others might be interested as well.

Offline Der Meister

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2005, 04:45:33 pm »
No, backticks ` are different from single quotes ' . Notice the backticks are a little skewed, like the Tower of Pisa (lol).
Argh.... Of course, you are right. :o Seems as I got confused by a comment in the source code:
#ifndef __WXMSW__
    // run the command in a shell, so backtick'd expressions can be evaluated
    cmd->command = GetConsoleShell() + _T(" '") + cmd->command + _T("'");
#endif
8)

Anyway, this doens't change the problem.
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Real Programmers don't write in BASIC. Actually, no programmers write in BASIC, after the age of 12.

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2005, 06:04:20 pm »
I just compiled and updated from revision 1425, and then performed the following command from my C::B dir:
Code
output\codeblocks --personality=Build --hidden --build CodeBlocks-NewBuild.cbp | tee build.log
and the C::B window still showed itself, which I was assuming the --hidden parameter would prevent.
Did I misinterpret the intended meaning of this parameter?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005, 12:25:32 pm »
I just compiled and updated from revision 1425, and then performed the following command from my C::B dir:
Code
output\codeblocks --personality=Build --hidden --build CodeBlocks-NewBuild.cbp | tee build.log
and the C::B window still showed itself, which I was assuming the --hidden parameter would prevent.
Did I misinterpret the intended meaning of this parameter?

Nope, you just found a "bug".
It has to do with the automatic layout loading, which shows the window no matter if the --hidden flag says "don't"...
I 've located the problem and fixed it just now.

Also, note that the --hidden parameter is removed. It 's not needed because, for batch builds, the window is not responsive anyway. So now it's implicitely hidden for batch builds.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

takeshimiya

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005, 02:18:03 pm »
I found this link very handy to know the latest changes, though it's more comfortable the TortoiseSVN's Show Log.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2005, 10:53:43 pm »
Be aware that on the first runs you can get prompted to specify global vars values !!

Does it send build errors to stdout ot every build output, just tried this out, and nothing appeared on my console (windows xp).

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2005, 11:02:53 pm »
Also the command line invokation immediately returns, so in a batch list; the next instance will be started of CB-batch.
Hope this is multi-instance safe enough ?

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 01:10:01 am »
An easy thing to add that's extremely useful [to me] is simple actions for the mouse. Back and forward buttons, mouse wheel, plus modifier keys (ctrl, alt, shift, or combination) on all 5 standard mouse buttons (left, right, middle=wheelclick, back, forward) and the wheel (wheelup, wheeldown).
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool: