User forums > Embedded development

Set remote debug option with Wizard script [SOLVED]

<< < (6/7) > >>

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: anandamu16 on May 26, 2017, 08:36:03 am ---Anyway, I tried to follow the link, its an empty page :)

--- End quote ---
The link in my post works fine at least in Firefox on linux. To fix it just add a closing bracket at the end.

Jenna:

--- Quote from: anandamu16 on May 26, 2017, 08:36:03 am ---Hi oBFusCATed

I am not giving any patch here. I find this solution by someone here on this thread only.

--- Quote ---If you want to provide a patch please follow this procedure described here: http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/Creating_a_patch_to_submit_(Patch_Tracker)
--- End quote ---
Anyway, I tried to follow the link, its an empty page :)

--- End quote ---
I fixed the link in oBFusCATed's post.
The automatic link-recognition of the forum software does not recognize the closing parenthesis as part of the link and omits it therefore.

--- Quote from: anandamu16 on May 26, 2017, 08:36:03 am ---My query is there any way in current codeblocks to get this (in cbp file)

--- Quote ---<remote_debugging target="Debug">
               <options conn_type="0" serial_baud="115200" additional_cmds="monitor halt;monitor flash erase_address 0x0 0x10000;load bin/Debug/rth.elf;file bin/Debug/rth.elf;monitor halt; />
</remote_debugging>
<remote_debugging target="Release">
               <options conn_type="0" serial_baud="115200" additional_cmds="monitor halt;monitor flash erase_address 0x0 0x10000;load bin/Release/rth.elf;file bin/Release/rth.elf;monitor halt; />
</remote_debugging>
--- End quote ---
I want this to be automatic part of new project created by wizard, for this, I am writing the wizard.script file but don't know how to achieve this. Any help will be of great value?

--- End quote ---
You can create a stub project with all settings you need and save it as user template: "File -> Save project as template ..".

anandamu16:

--- Quote ---You can create a stub project with all settings you need and save it as user template: "File -> Save project as template ..".
--- End quote ---

In my project some setiings required the name of project like
In Remote debugging:          load bin/Debug/ptojectName.elf

For these kind of settings, I wish to set all these settings through wizard script file. Setting a template will not be of help

Pls clear my doubt: In today's scenario, Can we add multiple remote debugging commands through wizard script like this:??

--- Quote ---<remote_debugging target="Debug">
               <options conn_type="0" serial_baud="115200" additional_cmds="monitor halt;monitor flash erase_address 0x0 0x10000;load bin/Debug/rth.elf;file bin/Debug/rth.elf;monitor halt; />
</remote_debugging>
<remote_debugging target="Release">
               <options conn_type="0" serial_baud="115200" additional_cmds="monitor halt;monitor flash erase_address 0x0 0x10000;load bin/Release/rth.elf;file bin/Release/rth.elf;monitor halt; />
</remote_debugging>
--- End quote ---

BlueHazzard:
Ok, i have created a patch with this codeblocks would be able to do what you want.
https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/513/

there is a other problem with codeblocks. The debugger deletes all configuration done outside from the plugin. I would like to know form a dev why this was done... The configuration should only be overwritten when you change the options... But if you use this api provided by my patch only from the scripted wizard this should be ok..

anandamu16:
Hi BlueHazzard,

Your code looks good, but alas nothing gets displayed/reflected in cbp file of the project..?
As per your patch, I modified cbproject.h and cbproject.cpp. I keep all other files such as debuggergdb.cpp same as available in nighty build. But still I am not able to see debugger options in cbp file.
I checked my cbp file, and it has no information about debugger.

In wizard.script file, I used this command -
project.AddToExtensions(_T("debugger/remote_debugging/options:conn_type=0/sub_conn:baudrate=32000"));
project.AddToExtensions(_T("debugger/remote_debugging/options:conn_type=0/sub_conn:+interface=COM1"));

Any comments? Am I missing anything?

Even I tried disabling the debugger plugin, before creating the project, even that didn't work. Also please clear, whether disabling a plugin is mandatorystep or not required?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version