Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Compiler Framework Redesign

suggestion: add "Download" button into Compiler Framework"

<< < (2/6) > >>

dmoore:

--- Quote from: Alatar on October 27, 2012, 03:20:19 pm ---I thing it will be more useful to add ability to redefine "Run" action for the target. For example, when I compile for AVR I don`t need to run output binary on host system and I wont to flash it to target MCU. It is comfortably to use same key for this action that I use to run desktop program.

--- End quote ---

Couldn't he just make the executable target a script that does whatever he wants with the remote system?

Alatar:
But how can I do this in current trunk version?

dmoore:
Project->Set programs' arguments then change the Host Application to a script that does whatever you need it to.

Alatar:
>> Project->Set programs' arguments then change the Host Application to a script that does whatever you need it to.

Thanks, but you forget to tell me, that first I need to change Target type to "Dynamic library" and disable some library-specific options. =)
Second there is no variables substitution in this dialog, so I need to write target manually and edit it, if I copy or edit target. Additionally, I can`not change "pause when execution ends" for library target and I need to change options related to Run action in two different places ("Project->Properties...->Build Targets" and "Project->Set programs' arguments").
So I think this future need some redesign =).
By the way, can I send program`s output somewhere to "Logs & others" panel (to "Code::Blocks", "build log", or to separate tab, like in Tools+)? Another idea - allow to launch Tools/Tools+ command on "Run".

MortenMacFly:

--- Quote from: Alatar on December 14, 2012, 02:10:30 pm ---Another idea - allow to launch Tools/Tools+ command on "Run".

--- End quote ---
You can do this already now by using macros in the Tools/Tools+ setup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version