Author Topic: It seems that this project has not been built yet  (Read 6967 times)

Offline gets1234

• Single posting newcomer
It seems that this project has not been built yet
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:04:08 am »
Hi guys,
When i tried setting up Code::blocks on my mac i ran into this problem right away.  I built Hello World (in C), but when I clicked run I got the error message up top.  I clicked "build" twice in this window, and then the window closed.  In the build log I got the error message,
"Linking console executable: bin/Debug/game1
ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt1.o"
Could someone please explain what is going on or how to fix it?  I tried following the advice on similar forums, but it didn't seem to help  at all.  Thanks

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: It seems that this project has not been built yet
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 01:45:08 pm »
Why do so many newbies not read the forum rules ?

8.) Do not send private messages (PM's) to one of the admins/devs if the question/statement can also be asked in the forums. PM's are only for administrative purposes, not for technical questions. If you don't respect that, you might be banned silently.

I can not give any help here, sorry.

I use macs very rarely.

And after the actual verdict against samsung, I might stop using anything apple-related at all.
And therefore stop giving support to any mac related questions.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 05:53:35 pm »
When i tried setting up Code::blocks on my mac i ran into this problem right away.
Mind to tell first, what version of C::B you are using on the Mac?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 06:04:06 pm »
And after the actual verdict against samsung, I might stop using anything apple-related at all.
OT: Reminds me: Who actually "won" the battle? I mean: Actually there are only looser: We customers, but I was hoping the court may set a signal...
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 06:23:10 pm »
OT: Reminds me: Who actually "won" the battle? I mean: Actually there are only looser: We customers, but I was hoping the court may set a signal...
The signal is, an american company with enough money can get patents on simplest stuff and can get one billion dollars for it (or probably three billion in this special case).
Microsoft had to pay millions of euros, because they had bundled windows with the ie, but apple is allowed to force users by law to use their hardware, even if the software would run on other systems.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 06:39:43 pm »
And the worst part in this whole thing is that M$ is regarded as evil and A$$le isn't (by most people called fanboys).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]