Author Topic: AutoSuggestion list issue  (Read 10708 times)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
AutoSuggestion list issue
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:14:01 pm »
When entering something, I want to enter "m_TemplateArgument", but will entering, the shown suggestion list show "m_TemplateAlias" in the last line, the item "m_TemplateArgument" is truncated. (I need to scroll down to see the item "m_TemplateArgument")

See the images below:

Hope it should be fixed. So that the "m_TemplateAlias" should show in the top or middle of the auto suggestion list.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: AutoSuggestion list issue
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 05:54:44 pm »
You need to implement dynamic filling of the list, but as far as I know this is not possible.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 07:58:45 pm »
You need to implement dynamic filling of the list, but as far as I know this is not possible.

It is possible, one can manually create the list on every keypress and then update it in scintilla, but it is quite a lot of work, as we would need to implement the heuristics ourselves.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 12:34:05 am »
ptDev: have you tried it?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]