Author Topic: The 17 June 2012 build (8059) is out.  (Read 72420 times)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: The 17 June 2012 build (8059) is out.
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 05:11:38 am »
The code is toooooo magic for me that I can't understand the grammar, but the parser should not hang in any case, so I will dig into it.
This patch can avoid the loop.
Code
 src/plugins/codecompletion/parser/parserthread.cpp |    2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/src/plugins/codecompletion/parser/parserthread.cpp b/src/plugins/codecompletion/parser/parserthread.cpp
index d193e0d..9062ded 100644
--- a/src/plugins/codecompletion/parser/parserthread.cpp
+++ b/src/plugins/codecompletion/parser/parserthread.cpp
@@ -2504,7 +2504,7 @@ void ParserThread::ReadClsNames(wxString& ancestor)
         else // unexpected
         {
             TRACE(_T("ReadClsNames() : Unexpected token '%s'."), token.wx_str());
-            m_Tokenizer.UngetToken();
+            //m_Tokenizer.UngetToken();
             break;
         }
     }
but I don't think the magic code can parse correctly, the grammar/semantic is too complex.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 08:16:17 am »
What does not work ?
It means that pre-requisite might not be fulfilled and therefore the script can fail.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline japplegame

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 09:49:43 am »
Very good, ollydbg. I don't need correct parsing. Hangless work is enough.  :)

Offline stg

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 08:56:50 pm »
Hello!
First - thanks for your great job. I have recognized since some time that the multi-line edit does not work correctly with using the tab-key or deleting in multi-line edit mode. The first attached screenshot shows the multi-line selection spanning three lines. After pressing the tab-key, the cursor jumps to the first column and selects a region before the previous position (see second screenshot). Using the delete-key (starting from situation in the first screenshot), the result becomes even more strange (see third screenshot). Could you please fix this? Thanks!
Best, Daniel

-- Just see that there is a new nightly. But the issue remains with 8081 as well (on Win7).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:11:56 pm by stg »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 09:27:19 pm »
Hello!
First - thanks for your great job. I have recognized since some time that the multi-line edit does not work correctly with using the tab-key or deleting in multi-line edit mode. The first attached screenshot shows the multi-line selection spanning three lines. After pressing the tab-key, the cursor jumps to the first column and selects a region before the previous position (see second screenshot). Using the delete-key (starting from situation in the first screenshot), the result becomes even more strange (see third screenshot). Could you please fix this? Thanks!
Best, Daniel

-- Just see that there is a new nightly. But the issue remains with 8081 as well (on Win7).
I do not have such issues here.
What are your Code::Blocks version (nightly?) and your operating system ?
What are your settings in : "Settings -> Editor... -> Margins and caret -> Selections" ?

Offline stg

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2012, 09:31:16 pm »
Now, nightly 8081 on Win7 using Settings/Editor/.../Selections:
[   ] Enable virtual space
[ x ] Allow multiple sections
    [ x ] Enable typing ...

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 10:12:30 pm »
Now, nightly 8081 on Win7 using Settings/Editor/.../Selections:
[   ] Enable virtual space
[ x ] Allow multiple sections
    [ x ] Enable typing ...
Works here with the same settings (fedora 17 64 bit).
I will test it on win7 as soon as possible.

Offline stg

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2012, 10:46:57 pm »
Works here with the same settings (fedora 17 64 bit).
I will test it on win7 as soon as possible.

With a clean installation/download, all works fine, I have just figured out. By checking out the diff between my old codeblocks directory and the clearn one, I have found that all works find when I remove the dictionary files in the SpellChecker folder (which I had have added myself):
en_US.aff
en_US.dat
en_US.dic
en_US.idx

Offline stg

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 09:23:27 pm »
I have downloaded the files "en_US.aff, en_US.dat" from OpenOffice again and copied it into a clean installation/download of CodeBlocks nightly 8081. Actually, I downloaded "en_US.oxt", opened it with 7z and copied the files into the SpellChecker folder.
Anyway - again, I can reproduce the above behaviour with the multiline edit. Can someone else reproduce it as well?
Best, Daniel

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 10:12:17 pm »
I have downloaded the files "en_US.aff, en_US.dat" from OpenOffice again and copied it into a clean installation/download of CodeBlocks nightly 8081. Actually, I downloaded "en_US.oxt", opened it with 7z and copied the files into the SpellChecker folder.
Anyway - again, I can reproduce the above behaviour with the multiline edit. Can someone else reproduce it as well?
Best, Daniel
i still cannot reproduce it.
You can try what happens, if you disable the spellchecker-plugin from "Plugins -> Manage plugins..." and if that helps, what happens if you play with the spellchecker settings (not really much, I know).

Offline stg

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2012, 10:35:06 pm »
i still cannot reproduce it.
You can try what happens, if you disable the spellchecker-plugin from "Plugins -> Manage plugins..." and if that helps, what happens if you play with the spellchecker settings (not really much, I know).

Seems to be very obvious that its the SpellChecker plugin. Having it disabled, everything works fine. Enabling it with the en_US dictionary, deletion in multiline edit mode works not properly. Maybe, it has something to do with the dictionaries? But as I said, I have just downloaded it from OpenOffice.

Edit: Note that I have disabled the SpellChecker plugin via Settings / Editor / SpellChecker
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:38:16 pm by stg »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2012, 01:06:39 pm »
This patch can avoid the loop.
...but introduces a lot other hangs / freezes on "not so complex" code. BE careful, this introduces even more serious hangs!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline Epicurus

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2012, 07:36:26 am »
This complete noob can't figure out how to get the "Can't find compiler executable in your configured search path's for GNU GCC Compiler" error to not appear.

I followed the instructions from the nightly sticky thread here exactly:
3. How to install a nightly build
Allrighty, time for a small recap :
1) CB nightly
2) mingwm10.dll
3) wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll
Those are the 3 things we need to install and start up a nigthly build. All 3 of them are available in their own zip file, zipped by using the free and excellent 7-zip (www.7-zip.org). Just get your copy of 7-zip for unzipping.

Final steps :
1) unzip the CB nightly in some directory
2) unzip both dll's : requirement : they need to be in your PATH, most easiest is to unzip both of them into the same directory where you unzipped the nightly, so they reside next to the codeblocks.exe .

By performing these simple steps you nightly is ready to roll.
The 8059 nightly, mingwm10.dll, and wxmsw28u_gcc_cb.dll are all in the C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks directory, yet I see this error every time I start up CodeBlocks and programs simply do not respond to the Compile button (surprise, surprise).

Some browsing on the forum made it seem like it has something to do with changing Settings > Compiler > (GNU GCC Compiler) > Search Directories to include this path under the Compiler sub-tab ("they need to be in your PATH"), but this only makes the error appear again. Help setting this us would be very appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:38:24 am by Epicurus »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2012, 09:08:02 am »
Some browsing on the forum made it seem like it has something to do with changing Settings > Compiler > (GNU GCC Compiler) > Search Directories to include this path under the Compiler sub-tab ("they need to be in your PATH"), but this only makes the error appear again. Help setting this us would be very appreciated!
Well you have to install a full compiler suite (which is not part of the nightlies) and adjust the path to the tool chain executables in the compiler options accordingly. There is a note given what path you have to provide: the "master path" to your compiler, so not the bin sub-folder or alike.

Offline tgucm

• JSC++
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2012, 11:04:16 am »
Well you have to install a full compiler suite (which is not part of the nightlies) and adjust the path to the tool chain executables in the compiler options accordingly. There is a note given what path you have to provide: the "master path" to your compiler, so not the bin sub-folder or alike.

I hope i don't come off as too dense or disrepectful with this but i think it would be a good idea ( perhaps as a feature request ) to have a separate "nightlyUpdate.exe" created that could be called from a C::B menu option which would close C::B and then run that exe.  I would love if your team could have that designed to ask with a small form and a browse button where the desired nightly is located on the user's hard drive.

or did i completely miss the idea O:-)
--
C++ novice as of 2011... C++ 'intermediate' as of 2012... please be kind O:-)