Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Compiler Framework Redesign

XML based compilers

<< < (4/41) > >>

Alpha:
OK, compilers can now save their flags back into an XML file.

--- Quote from: Alpha on June 16, 2012, 06:06:35 pm ---My current idea is to have a right-click menu with:

--- Code: ---New flag...
Modify flag...
Delete flag

--- End code ---

--- End quote ---
I can create this menu, but I am not certain how I am supposed to attach it.  The popup will belong to a wxCheckListBox (XRCID: "lstCompilerOptions").  Does the connection belong in an event table?  Should I be calling Connect()?  (Also, is this the suggested way to use it?)
The only wxWidgets events I have created before were automatic wxSmith generated ones, so if anyone could point me to the relevant section of documentation/give me a hint, I would be much obliged.

Alpha:
I have run into even more event related woes, and will be asking some questions in the wxWidgets forum.  So, it may be some time before any more progress is shown here.

thomas:

--- Quote from: MortenMacFly on June 19, 2012, 11:05:25 am ---I think Scrat would be another option for a replacement of SQPlus.
--- End quote ---
Sqrat looks nice, it's very straightforward to use, feature-complete, header-only.

That said, I've invested some time today trying it out, and as nice as it is on paper, it crashes even on the simplest possible test case (bind 1 function, compile a 1-line script). Basically the same example like on their website, only even simpler.

Running single-step shows a segfault in sqratScript.h, line 54.

Thing is, the sq tool from the same, identical build works just fine. So I guess it's not something wrong with the Squirrel build, it must really be Sqrat :(

If you want to waste some time in the evening playing with it, I can share the project. Maybe I'm only just too stupid, and you can figure it out.

Alpha:
Completed patch finally available.  I would assume there are multiple bugs in it that are yet to be found (after all, what is testing for?), but I think it contains a useful set of features.

I will write up some documentation on the XML format soon.

Alpha:
Preliminary documentation is done.

I have begun work on a loader for generic "pure" XML compilers.

--- Quote from: Alpha on June 21, 2012, 07:12:15 pm ---Completed patch finally available.

--- End quote ---
I forgot to mention; this patch includes:

* XML based compiler options (of course)
* Warning messages if multiple compiler options are unwise to use together (but still legal)
* Automatic disabling of conflicting compiler options (for example, enabling debug symbols automatically disables strip)
* Options to edit, add, and remove compiler flags through the GUI (plus a compact dialog for modifying flags)
* Compiler options are saved back to XML if they are modified (in <user_data>/CodeBlocks/compilers)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version