Author Topic: The 14 April 2012 build (7932) is out.  (Read 118366 times)

Offline hooluupog

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 14 April 2012 build (7932) is out.
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 04:35:52 pm »
hooluupog: Read few post about about "set print elements"
Thanks for your reply. I tried again,when I delete all watches and it works well. But after i added "out"  or "in" into watches the codeblocks freezed when runing into that line(see my code in #43).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:41:03 pm by hooluupog »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 04:48:29 pm »
Hm, I've should written "above about" not "about about".

I don't know what #43 and I don't know how to answer you.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline hooluupog

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 05:14:49 pm »
Hm, I've should written "above about" not "about about".

I don't know what #43 and I don't know how to answer you.
Sorry for my poor english. My code is as follows:
Code
 std::vector<_int> out;
  std::vector<_int> in;
  in.resize(num.length());
  for(;i<num.length();++i)        // I added 'out' into watches and when debugger going into this line, codeblocks freezed 2 minutes or so before continue
                                                  debuggin next line. But it works well after i delete 'out' from watches.
  in[i] = num[i]-'0';
 out.resize(num.length());
I have read gdb "set print elements", i just don't know where to do it within codeblocks.  Various info--->Print Elements --->change the value from 'ulimited' into '50', it doesn't work.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2012, 05:51:52 pm »
You should put it in the initial commands of the gdb in the Settings -> Debugger.

Various info--->Print Elements  worked last time, if you provide self contained example I can try it.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline hooluupog

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 06:43:18 am »
You should put it in the initial commands of the gdb in the Settings -> Debugger.

Various info--->Print Elements  worked last time, if you provide self contained example I can try it.
Ok,here is my example code.
Code
#include <vector>
#include <string>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
 int main()
 {
  freopen("data.in","r",stdin);//data.in is  a file with long characters(100000 chars or so)
  string s;
  cin>>s;
  vector<int> in; //if adding 'in' into watches codeblocks will freeze even if set the print limits at Various info--->Print Elements
  in.resize(s.length());
  for(int i=0;i<(int)s.length();++i)
 in[i] = s[i]-'0';
  return 0;// If nothing was added into watches, debugger would stop here with a black screen terminal.I clicked the "stop debug" button but
                //  it doesn't work. The debugger output log is "Trying to pause the running process...  Continuing..."
                // At last i have to exit my application by killing its process from windows task manager.
  }
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:51:21 am by hooluupog »

Offline polle2

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2012, 12:11:06 am »
Thank you for CodeBlocks!.I have set up a portable version with Biplap's CBlauncher and MS C++ 2008 compiler from a SDK and downloaded MS cdb debugger via a Windows 7 SDK. After copying the Microsoft SDKs ,Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0 and Debugging Tools for Windows(x86) folders to the CodeBlocks folder on the USB stick and setting paths with $(CODEBLOCKS) the portable setup works fine with a running debugger with the 10.05 ver. of CodeBlocks. Unfortunately I am not able to get this april 2012 nightly build to recognize the cdb debugger, although additional paths are set in the same way under toolchain executables as in ver. 10.05. In the toolchain setup dialog (with Microsoft c++ 2005/2008 selected as compiler) the c++ compiler, linker etc. are recognised, but say --invalid debugger-- when coming to cdb.exe. I could have messed something up, or this could be a thing needing attention.Unfortunately I cannot contribute myself as not coder at all. Thank you again   

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2012, 12:38:27 am »
Create new debugger configuration in Settings -> Debugger and then choose it in the compiler's toolchain settings

Offline polle2

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2012, 01:56:32 am »
Perfect, just what was needed, works on the portable setup. Thanks a lot.

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2012, 11:05:21 am »
I can no longer close the files opened in the editor with a middle mouse click on its tab. It works on rev7790 and before.

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2012, 08:25:02 pm »
I've been a fan of Code::Blocks for quite a while now, but I did have a couple observations:

When I did a rebuild of projects in older versions of Code::Blocks (like the 10-30-11 nightly), it seemed to compile the project's files in alphabetical order.  They seem to compile in random order now, was there a change that caused this?

When I load up a project, have no files open and bring up the "Find in files" feature via the menu or the keyboard shortcut, the dialog window opens up with the "Find" tab activated and no fields displayed.  I can manually change to the "Find in files" tab, but if I have at least one file open, launching "find in files" brings up the dialog with the "Find in files" tab opened as expected.  This is different from previous nightlies I've used (such as the 2-11-12 debugger nightly), where the "Find" tab is removed completely from the dialog if no files are opened for editing.

When I changed from the 10-30-11 to the 2-11-12 nightly, I liked the changes with the watches window, especially being able to quickly dereference pointers, or add a "complex" watch (ie. a specific member of a structure variable) by highlighting it in the code and right clicking on it as opposed to copying and pasting.  With 2-11-12 as well as this nightly, I'm seeing that when I start a new debugging session, the column widths I set on the watches window are destroyed and I have to correct them to my liking with the mouse.  It does seem like Code::Blocks would be better if it left the columns alone, but until that functionality gets added, is there a way I can get the column widths to be permanent, such as by editing a config file?

Thanks in advance for your help, and let me know if I should open bugs for these on the bug tracker.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2012, 08:39:26 pm »
...With 2-11-12 as well as this nightly, I'm seeing that when I start a new debugging session, the column widths I set on the watches window are destroyed and I have to correct them to my liking with the mouse...
This is not a feature, but a random bug I can't reliably reproduce.
I'll be happy to fix it, if someone is able to find the exact steps, that are needed to reproduce this bug.

If you restart Codeblocks, the columns will stop getting resized with every new debugging session (until the next time you are hit by the bug, of course).

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2012, 09:03:17 pm »
If you restart Codeblocks, the columns will stop getting resized with every new debugging session (until the next time you are hit by the bug, of course).

I can't find a way to reproduce it on demand either.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2012, 11:26:27 pm »
I can no longer close the files opened in the editor with a middle mouse click on its tab. It works on rev7790 and before.

This should be fixed in svn r7943.

Thanks for reporting.

I also recognized it, but thought it was a problem with my mouse.

Offline headkase

• Almost regular
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2012, 04:10:49 pm »
I've built Code::Blocks SVN 7945:

Code::Blocks SVN 7945 GCC 4.7.0 32-bit Windows (This build is bad).

Using GCC 4.7.0 on Windows (MinGW-Builds).  The "-fpermissive" compilation option is used throughout.  It is a 32-bit build.

The very first time I built it, it was SVN 7944, and I had to skip "NassiShneiderman" from building in the "ContribPlugins.workspace" project as it errored out.

Now, with SVN 7945, I also had to skip "Tools Plus Plugin" from building in the same workspace as it now also errored out.

As given, the above build with those two plugins skipped appears to work fine.

I'm new both to C::B and C++ in general.  With that, is there anything I can do towards resolving those two build issues as above?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:40:40 pm by headkase »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2012, 04:21:48 pm »
I'm new both to C::B and C++ in general.
You are a brave man to use the latest and greatest (buggiest) compiler to compile some random code on the net.
The minimal way you can help us is by providing the full build log. The better is if you can find why the errors are happening,
but I guess this will be a tough job for a c++ beginner.