Author Topic: Cannot build project with FMOD after pressing "Rebuild"  (Read 8371 times)

AleX_XelA

Cannot build project with FMOD after pressing "Rebuild"
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:53:00 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have been using Code::Blocks for the past few weeks, and everything has been working like a charm until yesterday. For some unknown reason, I tried using the "Rebuild" button, which I had never used before. Sadly, ever since I pressed that button, I can't compile any project using FMOD anymore...
Here is the message the IDE outputs :

And here is the source code (there are only the basics here) :
Code
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <fmodex/fmod.h>

int main()
{
    FMOD_SYSTEM *system=NULL;
    FMOD_SOUND *son=NULL;
    FMOD_System_Create(&system);
    FMOD_System_Init(system, 2, FMOD_INIT_NORMAL, NULL);

FMOD_System_CreateSound(system, "SFX/son.wav", FMOD_CREATESAMPLE, NULL, &son);
    FMOD_System_PlaySound(system, FMOD_CHANNEL_FREE, sout, 0, NULL);

FMOD_Sound_Release(son);
    FMOD_System_Close(system);
    FMOD_System_Release(system);

printf("FMOD fonctionne !\n");
    return 0;
}

There is no RPT file generated by CB. I have tried to compile projects using other libraries and they work well.

I have properly linked the library with the project, and the runtime DLL is in the project's folder. Once again, the project compiled perfectly well until I decided to press the "Rebuild" button.

I am using the latest Code::Blocks available in the Downloads page, provided with the mingw compiler. I am using the GCC compiler. I  have tried re-installing Code::Blocks but that did not work. I have also set-up a fresh FMOD install, no luck there either. I downloaded the latest version of FMOD available here.

Thanks in advance,

Alex
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:11:08 pm by AleX_XelA »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Cannot build project with FMOD after pressing "Rebuild"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:52:10 pm »
This is very likely a Compiler or Library problem.

You most likely did a typo in a header file by accident or have an macro declared wrong.

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

I suggest turning on Full Compiler Logging and asking your question on a site that supports your Compiler and/or Library!

Reinstalling Compiler and/or library might fix the issue.

NOTE: Re-installing Code::Blocks does NOT re-install any Compiler or erase Code::Blocks configuration.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:54:49 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org