Author Topic: About project dependencies...  (Read 23962 times)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: About project dependencies...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 10:04:31 pm »
Well, it is quite obvious that you need the platform SDK - but even if you have it, you cannot build a plain normal Win32 app.

Ok, you can... but you have to start with a console app and change the project's type and do everything by hand. This cannot seriously be the way... :lol:
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 01:36:17 am »
Project dependencies inside workspaces implemented (rev.1499).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 10:30:18 am »
Yiannis, this rocks again!!!
Within my workspace I've had to order the projects according to it's build dependencies. Then a "build workspace" made sure that the dependencies were right. Now I can do REAL dependency which allows me to put libs I don't change often at the bottom of the workspace... THANKS!!! :D :D :D

Morten.

Ps.: I (of course) tried it by now and (of course :lol:) it works!!!
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 11:18:13 am »
Well, it is quite obvious that you need the platform SDK - but even if you have it, you cannot build a plain normal Win32 app.

Ok, you can... but you have to start with a console app and change the project's type and do everything by hand. This cannot seriously be the way... :lol:

Yes, you are right. It is not very serious and it would have been much better to add a Win32 GUI template directly :).

If I remeber correctly there is a template for windows form (managed code)...but personally, I prefer C++ pure and simple :).

Michael

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 11:19:53 am »

Cool :D. Thank you very much.

Michael

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 01:05:09 pm »
supercool, but I just rebuilded, and I don't seem to find the menu entries for it.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 01:33:46 pm »
supercool, but I just rebuilded, and I don't seem to find the menu entries for it.

"Project->Properties->Project's dependencies"
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 03:05:10 pm »
Thanks.

The active project is 'saved' in the workspace file.
I can imagine that people want to put the worspace file in a version control system. Maybe it's better not to store it in the workspace then, but in another worspace layout file or something like that ?

For example : workspace for CB, main project depends on all the other projects, but I could make one of those others active for  development purposes. When I close CB then (time to go home ..) it will say the workspace has changed and so on ...

Lieven

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 05:03:54 pm »
When I close CB then (time to go home ..) it will say the workspace has changed and so on ...
I do have my workspace under version control and I see no problem. I would like to store the project dependencies in it to have another user using it. If the workspace file is saved then normally (in my case) only the date changes. A (good :)) version control system will detect that and not commit. If the project dependencies have changed then I normally want to provide these changes to the other users as well.

I have furthermore another workspace for my experiements which is the same as the "default" worspace plus aditional projects. Of course it would be nice if one workspace could include another workspace (and not only projects). Thus I could have my experiment workspace better seperated from the "default" workspace I provide to others. I would not require to update my experiment workspace if my "default" workspace changes.

Yiannis, how do you think about that? Is it worth a feature request?

Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 07:06:57 pm »
Some ideas about future enhancements/requirements :

project X is dependent on project Y :
 - which target (M$ style : debug build depends on the other debug builds, release on the other release builds ...)
           --> dependency requires same target names, otherwise depend on the default target, and if that one is not around ...
 - specify by hand the target (table : project/targets) : selection by check boxes

What do you think ?

Lieven