Author Topic: Quick question about wxSmith  (Read 3096 times)

Offline nightshadow89

• Single posting newcomer
Quick question about wxSmith
« on: March 16, 2012, 04:35:16 pm »
I've been playing around with wxSmith for a bit, and I've noticed that while changing the .wxs file (via the GUI designer) would result in changes to code, but changing the code would not have the changes reflected in the .wxs file.

I'm just curious, is there a way for code changes to be reflected in the .wxs file? If not, is this planned as a feature?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Quick question about wxSmith
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 04:38:49 pm »
If not, is this planned as a feature?
No, it is not planned, because it is almost impossible to implement.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline nightshadow89

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:06:06 pm »
Thanks for your answer. I was wondering about it because I'm actually coming from C# where this was possible. I do understand that it is a fairly difficult thing to implement; it's just that it can be convenient sometimes.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 05:18:39 pm »
I'm actually coming from C# where this was possible.
Now count the developers, the business model and the age of (Visual-)C(#) and compare it with C::B (and other free IDE's). This is something you don't do in the first place. In addition C# is based on a CLI which s certainly helpful, too.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ