Author Topic: The 11 February 2012 build (7789) is out.  (Read 77918 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 11 February 2012 build (7789) is out.
« on: February 12, 2012, 05:16:55 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc452-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc452-TDM.7z

The 11 February 2012 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20120211_rev7789_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• added batch build files for build and re-build of core and plugins (Windows only atm)
  • BrowseTracker - JumpTracker:record deactivated position rather than activated position
  • adjust SDCC's options
  • do not connect events to dummy editor (used to backup foldstate), avoid moving breakpoints after the end of the file and probably other issues
  • linux: fix build-errors with automake-system, if "make dist" was not used from C::B's root-folder
  • Fixed: bug discussed here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15847.0.html
  • applied patch #3226 and extended part list with devices supported by gcc-4.5.3
  • attempt to make KEY_DOWN work in management pane
  • CC: made some of the options persist again
  • CC: added support for __attribute__ statements in structs (classes, typedefs)
  • CC: better handle const and volatile in front of namespaces (classes)
  • CC: major re-factoring to separate hidden classes and global hidden methods (using separate files and/or namespaces)
  • Fixed: Compilation of CodeSnippets with wxWidgets-2.8.12
  • added new cbEditor API to jump to specific line/token (preparation to remove global function from CC)
  • CC: renamed some token variabes to make clear what there are for
  • CC: overworked parsertest massively to parse files serialised but creating ONE TokensTree (not many temporary)
  • CC: major refactoring to allow the use of the CCDEebugInfo dialog in ParserTest project (via menu -> find -> token)
  • CC: optmised ParserTest application to make use of a file queue (enables to parse files serialised and added in between)
  • CC: ParserTest allows to scan priority files first (if needed, handle with care -> can take long!)
  • made About dialog work properly (i.e. not crash) under wx 2.9.x
  • cbProject: fixed possible crash candidate in CloseAllFiles (most likely on shutdown)
  • Fixed: Compilation warnings with -Woverloaded-virtual switch
  • CC: made ParserTest "reload" work again
  • CC: optimised and clarified interface to "SkipToOneOfChars" in parser thread
  • help-plugin: fix annoying occasionally happening crash on shutdown ("double free or corruption" or "corrupted double-linked list"), due to linking against static-libs, that are already linked in through libcodeblocks.so (linux only); style changes
  • CC again: major refactoring concerning lockers
  • CC: extracted more classes so they can be used/tested in ParserTest (automake updated)
  • CC: fixed entering a critical section too often in class browser
  • removed wx 2.4.x compatibility artefacts (C::B does not compile on wx 2.4.x anyways anymore...)
  • wxWidgets 2.9 related changes: add unix-project-file and update-script; small build-fixes; (hopefully) get rid of the annoying crash on close, due to event-handlers
  • cclogger: updated CC macros to enable simply assert mode
  • Prevent crash on exit due to referencing unallocated memory from wxArray::Remove (courtesy of Pecan)
  • CC: fix a build error when CC_ENABLE_LOCKER_ASSERT is defined
  • CC: fixed a hang on CC, reported here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15885.msg107044.html#msg107044
  • CC: separated CCTreeControl into own file
  • CC: use Mutex instead of critical section for Parser, as it can be traced to a deadlock! (wxCriticalSection just freezes)
  • CC: separated locker macros, so that individual mutexes can be traced
  • Show an InfoWindow, when the end of the document is reached, while using the Search->Find function;
  • add missing cctrectrl.{cpp,h} to linux projectfile, add cctrectrl.h to windows projectfile
  • speed up closing large project; (hopefully) finally fix a crash on close, that occurs from time to time, see: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15901.msg107140.html#msg107140 and http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15882.msg107033.html#msg107033
  • CC: pause / resume thread for safety if class browser is updated, so the thread cannot be interrupted anymore
  • CC: send event from class browser thread to parent (class browser) if something relevant changes
  • Valgrind plugin : replace macros
  • CC-plugin: avoid possible infinite wait, if cc-plugin should be disabled, by adding a termination request; avoid possible memory-violation in UpdateLayout, if classbrowser is floating
  • envvars plugin: fixed bug described here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15926.msg107296.html#msg107296
  • CC: updated parsertest to be way faster and show progress of tokens added

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 11 February 2012 build (7789) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 05:34:22 pm »
    Debian packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems can be found in my repo.

Offline neo1691

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 07:09:35 pm »
    I changed the presprectives twice and got this!!

I restarted Code Blocks and it worked fine.. Still thought of reporting

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 07:48:45 pm »
    Can you reproduce this problem after you've restarted C::B?
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline neo1691

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:29:20 pm »
    Can you reproduce this problem after you've restarted C::B?

Thats the wonder. It never happened again as of yet!!

Offline janissl

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:25:16 pm »
    I also had such behavior using the previous nightly (7678).
    I guess this was related with my intensive use of the Windows hibernation. I did not close CB for several days and only switched Windows to the hibernation mode and then resumed Windows every day. Once I stopped to use the Windows hibernation with no closing CB completely the problem was not encountered anymore.

Maybe this may help to find a direction.
    In specialibus generalia quaerimus

Offline neo1691

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 06:26:19 pm »
    I also had such behavior using the previous nightly (7678).
    I guess this was related with my intensive use of the Windows hibernation. I did not close CB for several days and only switched Windows to the hibernation mode and then resumed Windows every day. Once I stopped to use the Windows hibernation with no closing CB completely the problem was not encountered anymore.

Maybe this may help to find a direction.

Nope its not that as  i never hibernate my laptop!

Offline janissl

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 10:15:36 pm »
    Nope its not that as  i never hibernate my laptop!

Then I was wrong. Perhaps, I also switched between perspectives and then got this error but anyway I can not reproduce it anymore.
    In specialibus generalia quaerimus

Offline ahui886

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 12:29:10 pm »
    great,thanks

Offline xawari

• programming, usability ctrl
      • welcome to reality
    « Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 10:51:08 pm »
    1. Browser tree: I still cannot open files in minibrowser by pressing ENTER.
    2. Editor settings: Why there is "selection" color option only for "C/C++"? (while it should probably be syntax-independent?) UPD: sorry, not only "C/C++" but still kinda irrational.
    3. Editor settings: No "default" or "unknown" type. I just don't understand how to configure base colors for simple text files. (probably these settings, if implemented, should be inherited by all others?)

svn build rev 7789 (2012/02/11 03:42:39) gcc 4.5.2 Windows/unicode - 32 bit
    Win2003 5.2 R2 build 3790

As always, thank you for your great work.
    I really hope to join one day.
    ┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────╖
    in another thousand years we'll be machines or gods█
    ╘══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Offline Alpha

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 11:55:22 pm »
    2. Editor settings: Why there is "selection" color option only for "C/C++"? (while it should probably be syntax-independent?) UPD: sorry, not only "C/C++" but still kinda irrational.
    Look inside the lexer_*.xml files; within lexer_cpp.xml there is:

[...]
    57.                <Style name="Operator"
    57.                        index="10"
    59.                        fg="255,0,0"/>
    60.                <Style name="Selection"
    61.                        index="-99"
    62.                        bg="192,192,192"/>
    63.                <Style name="Active line"
    64.                        index="-98"
    65.                        bg="255,255,160"/>
       [...]

Selection color is not accessible in most other languages simply because no one has added that tag.

Offline teto

• Almost regular
    « Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 10:22:16 pm »
    I had to change a project from folder and when opening the project, it obviously couldn't find those files.
    Code
    		<Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\C2dShock.cpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\C2dShock.hpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CAddTransparencyCB.cpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CBlurShader.cpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CBlurShader.hpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CDepthMapCallback.cpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CDepthMapCallback.hpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CFXAA.hpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CMotionBlur.cpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CMotionBlur.hpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CNightVision.hpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CPostProcessingHandler.hpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CScreenQuad.cpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CScreenQuadCB.cpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CScreenQuadCB.hpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CScreenQuadSceneNode.cpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CScreenQuadSceneNode.hpp" />
    <Unit filename="..\..\..\..\projets\bc0.2\libs\mirrpp\CScreenQuadShader.hpp" />
    but I couldn't remove them from the interface, I've been compelled to edit manually the project file.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
    • Lives here!
      • Travis build status
    « Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 11:21:20 pm »
    teto: Can you provide the exact steps to reproduce this problem?
    (most of the time I ignore long posts)
    [strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline teto

• Almost regular
    « Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 03:35:34 am »
    I've tried to reproduce it without success. I may have been misled by the fact we can select several files in the projet but when we choose "remove from project" (right click) it just removes the file clicked. I will be more careful next time I spot sthg weird

stefanos_

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 10:39:03 pm »
    Out of curiosity, when will you guys going to release the next release? People come in IRC channel and ask about it; frankly it's been almost two years now.

Also, I have noticed this release-delay in the past, that lasted 2 years since the official switch of version numbering scheme (8.02) to reach the next stable version (10.05).

What is the most stable revision that could be assembled in an installer and ship it to download session so people can see some activity from the project?

Looking forward to hear your reply.