Author Topic: Can Not create a new project  (Read 3683 times)

Offline bluejayke

• Multiple posting newcomer
Can Not create a new project
« on: January 14, 2012, 03:33:24 am »
hey everyone, I recently downloaded and installed Code::Blocks. But, however, when I click the "New Project" button, no matter where in the program it is located, it crashes. An error poops of (from windows) saying "Code::Blocks has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem" then it shuts the program down. I have reinstalled twice now. If anyone could help, that would be great.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Can Not create a new project
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 04:58:13 am »
What version of Windows and Code::Blocks do you have?

Is the file codeblocks.RPT produced (it should be in the same folder you installed Code::Blocks in)?
If it does not exist, run Code::Blocks as administrator and repeat your steps that cause it to crash.
Paste the contents of this file here (use code tags when posting).

Paste the contents of your Code::Blocks application log here (use code tags when posting).

Offline bluejayke

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 08:29:47 am »
Yes codeblocks.RPT does exist. I am using a windows 7 home premium 32 bit and the newest version of Code::Blocks. I am able to open existing C++ project files, but cannot create new ones

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:59:56 am »
Yes codeblocks.RPT does exist. I am using a windows 7 home premium 32 bit and the newest version of Code::Blocks. I am able to open existing C++ project files, but cannot create new ones

What exact version do you use ?
Some user state 10.05 release as newest, some the newest nightly, some the newest selfcompiled version from trunk and some even the 8.02 release.

Please attach the rpt-file here, so we might see where it crashes.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:24:57 am by jens »