User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

Holly Cow!

(1/2) > >>

dan_w:
It works! :shock:

And has workspaces too!  Your project needs more exposure.  I had been looking for a usable IDE for like 2 years;  ever since I set my MSVC6 CD on fire after one Internal Compiler Error too many. Eclipse didn't do it for me. Bloodshed's DEV-CPP came closer but no workspaces...
Looks like this is it. OpenGL works... Does MinGW support MMX, 3DNow!, etceteras? Well, I guess that's a question for the MinGW forum...

Congrats!

PS.: The OGL demo looks nicer and smoother with Sleep(10).
Sleep(1) chokes the OS, and then it hits you back with occasional temporary freezes or hic-ups. At least it does under Win98SE.

Next step is to see if my old 3D project still compiles. Probably not...

Anonymous:
Dev C++ deos not support any instruction sets, as to MinGW you would have to ask them.

rickg22:
IIRC, MinGW's gcc does have switches for processor-specific optimizations. I can't remember if Codeblocks 1.0-betafinal supports them, but the CVS version does.

per_eckerdal:
It has.
(I'm not 100% sure, but it does have "Intel Pentium M (MMX, SSE, SSE2)" flag and similar in compiler options)
/Per Eckerdal

David Perfors:

--- Quote from: dan_w ---Looks like this is it. OpenGL works... Does MinGW support MMX, 3DNow!, etceteras? Well, I guess that's a question for the MinGW forum...

--- End quote ---

If not (I really don't know) you can try the compiler of Microsoft, or Borland... :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version