Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Compiler Framework Redesign

detect space in file path when use MinGW

(1/2) > >>

ollydbg:
Currently MinGW can not handle this, can we add some check on this. A lot of beginner will meet this issue.

This is only thought came to my mind.

oBFusCATed:
Patches welcome :)

MortenMacFly:

--- Quote from: ollydbg on January 05, 2012, 04:01:10 pm ---Currently MinGW can not handle this, can we add some check on this. A lot of beginner will meet this issue.

--- End quote ---
What exactly do you mean? I have all of my projects in a path with spaces ("My Files") and I never experienced any issues so far.

stahta01:

--- Quote from: MortenMacFly on January 05, 2012, 07:51:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: ollydbg on January 05, 2012, 04:01:10 pm ---Currently MinGW can not handle this, can we add some check on this. A lot of beginner will meet this issue.

--- End quote ---
What exactly do you mean? I have all of my projects in a path with spaces ("My Files") and I never experienced any issues so far.

--- End quote ---

I have noticed the windres.exe having intermittent issues with spaces in the path in the past few years.
By intermittent, I mean some versions have the issues others do not.

Tim S.

zabzonk:
To quote from http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started

--- Quote ---MinGW may have problems with paths containing spaces, and if not, usually other programs used with MinGW will experience problems with such paths. Thus, we strongly recommend that you do not install MinGW in any location with spaces in the path name reference; i.e. you should avoid installing into any subdirectory of "Program Files" or "My Documents", or the like.
--- End quote ---

Presumably the OP's idea is that if CB detects that MinGWGCC is installed in such a directory, it should issue a warning?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version