Author Topic: Build file  (Read 4367 times)

Offline Calexus

• Multiple posting newcomer
Build file
« on: December 09, 2011, 09:57:53 am »
In the manager window/tab whatever it's called if you right click a file in the file tree you can "Build file". As I'm remembering it this is supposed to build only that file, right? i never use it, but thats how I'm remembering it was made for. Anyways I does not work in osx snow leopard. Only thing that appears to be happening is  the following output in the Build Log:  make: *** empty string invalid as file name.  Stop.

I don't have access to a windows/linux machine at my office at the moment so I cant say if it woks under those systems.

C::B rev. 7456 built in late September so I guess this might be kind of old news.

zabzonk

Re: Build file
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:21:29 am »
Does it work if the file has been changed? If the build system thinks it is up-to-date, it won't build it - a bit of a misfeature, IMHO.

Offline Calexus

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 10:28:49 am »
No no difference if the file has been changed.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 10:31:16 am »
Is this a Makefile project or normal project?
Because here it works for normal projects.
If you're using Makefile your make file should support compiling single files and I guess your doesn't.

Enable full logging to see what is the actual command executed.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Calexus

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 11:28:56 am »
Enabling full logging didn't do anything but I think you are right. This is a custom makfile generated by cmake and even though my cmake is pretty weak it doesn't appear to  contain a "single file" target. Thanks a bunch! I would probably never have thought about that myself, at least not this week :/

Guess I have to track down who ever wrote this cmake mess, or maybe it's a great opportunity to learn some cmake...

Thanks for the help.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 11:44:36 am »
I just tested it on linux with a cmake project.
Here is a possible solution/workaround:
Open the projects "Build options", swicth to the "make commands" (or something like this) tab, and remove the doublequotes around the $file-variable for the compile-single-file make-command.

Offline Calexus

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 12:48:54 pm »
Thanks jens but it didn't work, it did build but but it built all changed files. Like a normal build. I simply have to learn a bit of cmake if I want to be able to build a single file in this project.