Author Topic: hex output and stdio.h header  (Read 14334 times)

onurakdemir

hex output and stdio.h header
« on: December 06, 2005, 08:20:46 pm »
   when I compile , it is not producing hex file( I check the option at compiler options), and cant use standart header files

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: hex output and stdio.h header
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 08:40:54 pm »
   when I compile , it is not producing hex file( I check the option at compiler options), and cant use standart header files
hex file :?? I check with my C::B RC2 version, but I did not find an option for hex file. Which C::B version, compiler and operating system are you using?

Michael

onurakdemir

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 08:43:36 pm »
windowsXP  and rc2(SVN version)   
there is an option in /setttings/compiler   that "output intel hex file"

and why I am not able to use printf? it says undefined global

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 08:50:56 pm »
windowsXP  and rc2(SVN version)   
there is an option in /setttings/compiler   that "output intel hex file"

and why I am not able to use printf? it says undefined global
Ok, but which compiler? May be it is just a problem of include directories. When I have installed OpenWatcom, I had to modify the system path (if I remeber correctly) to make MS Toolkit 2003 and GNU GCC working (i.e., finding the standard headers files). I will give a try after dinner :wink:.

Michael

onurakdemir

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 08:54:33 pm »
sdcc

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 09:02:46 pm »
I have read the following on the SDCC website:

SDCC is always under active development. Please consider downloading one of the nightly snapshots if you have run across a bug, or if the above release is more than two months old.

May be you can try as the website suggests to download a nightly snapshot and see if this will solve your problems.

Michael

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 11:02:40 am »
Hello,

Yesterday, I have installed SDCC (sdcc-2.5.0-setup.exe) in my computer (in a path without empty space) and accepted to put the bin path into the system PATH. After, I have made an autodetect with C::B SVN rev1447 (therion binary). I have had to change some paths as they were set false, but if not all was fine.

I have created a new "hello world" project by using the given template (I have chosen C files) and compiled. At the beginning, I had some troubles. The project seemed to compile fine, but not all files were generated and no .exe (it is needed by SDCC :??).  Anyway, there was a warning saying that there was nothing to do with main.o file ( :?). I have therefore read the SDCC documentation and tried to compile the main.c without C::B (i.e., sdcc --out-fmt-ihx main.c). It worked fine and all the files were generated (no .exe anyway). Then I have checked which command used C::B and tried directly with the sdcc compiler. The C::B command seemed to be not correct as I got as output how to compile using sdcc, i.e., sddc [options] filename (and a list of several options).

Today, I wanted to report this, but when I tried, it worked :). Well, quite. If I check the compiler option for the ihx file generation, I get:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Project   : TestSDCC
Compiler  : SDCC Compiler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: default
sdcc.exe --out-fmt-ihx --out-fmt-ihx  -IC:\Programme\Resource\C++\SDCCC\include  -c C:\Programme\DANAE\CodeBlocks\TestSDCC\TestSDCC\main.c -o .objs\main.rel
sdcc.exe -LC:\Programme\Resource\C++\SDCCC\lib  -o TestSDCC.exe --out-fmt-ihx --out-fmt-ihx    .objs\main.rel
?ASlink-Warning-Undefined Global '_putchar' referenced by module 'vprintf'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 5 seconds)
0 errors, 1 warnings

and if I not check it:

Switching to target: default
sdcc.exe --out-fmt-ihx  -IC:\Programme\Resource\C++\SDCCC\include  -c C:\Programme\DANAE\CodeBlocks\TestSDCC\TestSDCC\main.c -o .objs\main.rel
sdcc.exe -LC:\Programme\Resource\C++\SDCCC\lib  -o TestSDCC.exe --out-fmt-ihx    .objs\main.rel
?ASlink-Warning-Undefined Global '_putchar' referenced by module 'vprintf'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
0 errors, 1 warnings

Remark: I also get that warning by using the sdcc compiler directly.

Actually, C::B generates a .exe file, but of course it is not possible to use it with my CPU (I tried :wink: and got a CPU instruction error). The only negative point is that no .ihx file is generated (in both cases) :(.

Anyway, I did not have any problem with the standard headers files. 

Best wishes,
Michael

onurakdemir

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 01:58:39 am »
what does "in a path without space" ??

sethjackson

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 02:58:31 am »
what does "in a path without space" ??

example

"C:\mypath"