User forums > Help

ld.exe cannot find -lfreeglut

(1/5) > >>

searcher:
Using Windows Vista Premium, FirePro 2270 graphics card. Fresh download of code::blocks and also of freeglut. Go to CB and try the "Hello World" default program and get the above message.
I can not find any relevant advice on the web.
Please HELP!!

Alpha:
Have you tried the FAQ?

* Where are the libraries for the OpenGL, Ogre3D, SDL, QT, wxWidgets etc. projects?
* I would like to compile a project using some non-standard libraries. How can I indicate to CodeBlocks that these libraries and include files exist?

JackDawson:

--- Quote from: searcher on December 03, 2011, 11:26:55 pm ---Using Windows Vista Premium, FirePro 2270 graphics card. Fresh download of code::blocks and also of freeglut. Go to CB and try the "Hello World" default program and get the above message.
I can not find any relevant advice on the web.
Please HELP!!

--- End quote ---

Did you read my tutorial on how to install freeGlut with C::B ?

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Using_FreeGlut_with_Code::Blocks

You must read it thoroughly to understand it. Also, make sure your FILE extensions are visible. I am going to have to update my tutorial sometime soon, because I am constantly being asked why they cannot see the files to edit that I stated in the tut. You can change your extensions in the Windows Explorer ORGANIZE.  So its ORGANIZE --> FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTIONS --> VIEW ( TAb ) and then you should see where its saying to hide the file extensions. You do NOT want to hide your extensions except your protected system files. Leave those hidden.

searcher:
Yes I have read your instructions - 2 weeks ago I had that demo program running. So, I decided to start from scratch following your instructions as carefully as possible. All seemed to go well until I tried to edit the glut.cbp file. CB would not allow me to edit the file directly so I went to notepad and made the change as requested and replaced the file in the original location. Now when I try to set up the testing demo I get some info tabs about something being outdated and asking me to define glut !!
I tried running the classic console program "Hello World" (with both versions of glut.cbp) and still get the message :  ld.exe cannot find -lfreeglut32.
If you have any further advice it will be appreciated. Many thanks.

JackDawson:

--- Quote from: searcher on December 05, 2011, 04:02:31 am ---Yes I have read your instructions - 2 weeks ago I had that demo program running. So, I decided to start from scratch following your instructions as carefully as possible. All seemed to go well until I tried to edit the glut.cbp file. CB would not allow me to edit the file directly so I went to notepad and made the change as requested and replaced the file in the original location. Now when I try to set up the testing demo I get some info tabs about something being outdated and asking me to define glut !!
I tried running the classic console program "Hello World" (with both versions of glut.cbp) and still get the message :  ld.exe cannot find -lfreeglut32.
If you have any further advice it will be appreciated. Many thanks.

--- End quote ---

Your only mentioning that you edited "glut.cbp". What about the other file I mentioned in my tutorial ?

Also, you do not use C::B to edit those file in my tutorial. I had even mentioned in my tutorial to use Windows Notepad as its the safest and easiest way to do it. You could even copy and paste the two files I listed because those 2 on that page are already edited.

What I find interesting is you said you got it running. So now i'm confused what the problem is that your having.

Either way, Hope the info helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version