Author Topic: Problème to compile Code::Blocks...  (Read 16481 times)

Offline Crepuscule

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Problème to compile Code::Blocks...
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 12:21:53 am »
Hello!

I am trying to compile on another computer. I did again all the procedure from the beginning to the end.
I saw I have an error during the compilation of wxWidgets.

I think the problem could be that. To compile wxWidgets, I am using the MinGW supplyed with Code::Blocks 10.05. Do you think that could be the problem?

Or, it is possible I am using bad source code of wxWidgets. I am working on windowsXP. Anybody could confirm the address of the good sources?

Thanks,

Crepuscule

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 03:38:23 am »
I downloaded the MSW source archive for 2.8.12 from http://wxwidgets.org/downloads/ (the specific file was wxMSW-2.8.12.zip).

This compiled fine for me on XP (using the TDM build of MinGW, which is what Code::Blocks ships with on Windows).

Or, it is possible I am using bad source code of wxWidgets.
Make sure you clean your make process before building.  Occasionally cleaning does not get rid of pieces of a failed build; in this case, you could try deleting the directory containing wxWidgets, then extract a fresh copy.

Offline Crepuscule

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 07:41:25 am »
OK,

So, I am using the good one.

I don't understand what happens... yesterday night, I did the same procedure than before but on another computer... Code::Blocks compiles corrctly and start the application without error. I will begin again to start fron 0 on my first computer... I don't understand what is different!

The only difference is: yesterday I did the procedure in a virtual machine. That should not interact on the compilation...

Crepuscule
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:43:06 am by Crepuscule »

Offline Crepuscule

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 10:05:12 am »
Hello!

It is understandable!
I did the same procedure than yesterday night on my first computer (before I uninstalled Code::Blocks, wxWidgets... etc... and restart all the procedure)...
The problem is still here! I don't understand.

I think the problem is about the configuration of the Code::Blocks installed on my computer...
I uninstalled Code::Blocks and install it again. Next, when I launched Code::Blocks It kept in memory the old projects opened, the old configuration of the compiler... etc...
Do you know how to uninstall completly Code::Blocks?
When I install it again, It doesn't ask me at the beginning to set the wx global variable... It still have the old settings... How to delete all the configuration?

Crepuscule

Offline Crepuscule

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 10:19:52 am »
It's good! I found where is the configuration file of Code::Blocks (C:\Documents and Settings\userName\Application Data\codeblocks). I will try deleting this folder.

Crepuscule

Offline Crepuscule

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 10:26:14 am »
No, I still have the same problem...
RRRrrrrr
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 02:02:09 pm by Crepuscule »

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 09:23:08 pm »
Could you describe what the specific problem is?

Have you tried moving wxWidgets' and Code::Blocks' source directories to a path without any spaces or non-English characters?

It's good! I found where is the configuration file of Code::Blocks (C:\Documents and Settings\userName\Application Data\codeblocks). I will try deleting this folder.
Yes, this is where all settings are stored (except for the .layout files created in the same directory as most projects).  If you are just trying to change/delete global variables, you can do that through Settings->Global variables...

Offline Crepuscule

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 03:23:18 pm »
Could you describe what the specific problem is?

Have you tried moving wxWidgets' and Code::Blocks' source directories to a path without any spaces or non-English characters?

Yes, this is where all settings are stored (except for the .layout files created in the same directory as most projects).  If you are just trying to change/delete global variables, you can do that through Settings->Global variables...

My problem is:
I have 2 computers :
- On the first (the one I use in general) : I tryed to install the source code of code blocks, following the manual given on the wiki of Code::Blocks site. I did all the procedure but when I compile the Code::Blocks project and next when I run the application, a warning message appears explaining me that many plugins were not read, and the application can't work (for example, if I try to conifgure the compiler (Setting --> Compilers and debuggers...) the software crash). I can't start also a debug session...
- On my second computer, I did exactly all the same procedure of installation. At the end, when I compile and run Code::Blocks I can do everything I want (debug, confiration of code::blocks... etc...). On the second computer, I did the procedure in a virtual machine... it is the only difference.

I tryed also to change the path of code::blocks... instead of "C:\Programmation\CodeBlocks" I put the standard path : "C:\Program Files\CodeBocks"... on the both path, the application doesn't run...

At a moment, I thought the problem could be about the configuration of Code::Blocks (I remember few weeks ago, I changed some parameters on my first computer to adapt a new compiler that is not in the standard list of compilers of Code::Blocks). So, I uninstalled Code::Blocks of the computer, I deleted the folder nammed "CodeBlocks" in "C:\Documents and settings\User\ApplicationData\codeBlocks" and did again all the procedure of installation... but the problem is still here...

I don't understand what happen, I already tryed many things...

Crepuscule

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 01:57:15 am »
(I am assuming I understanding you correctly that your problem is your self-compiled Code::Blocks fails to load plugins on start-up.)
When building from source, the only way (well, almost the only way) this could occur is if you did not run update.bat after compiling.  If you did run update.bat, this means zip.exe was not on the path at that time.

As a side note (this is not really a problem),
[...]
I will begin again to start fron 0 on my first computer
[...]
if you to have the splash screen display the actual revision number, svn.exe must be in the path (I normally add [...]\svn\bin to the path in a Command Prompt window, then launch Code::Blocks from that same window) while Code::Blocks is compiling.