User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Search box weird behaviour in KDE3.5

(1/1)

Jorg:
Hi all,

I am using KDE3.5 - Suse 10, RC2 of Code::Blocks;

When I press the backspace in the search box, the cursor constantly jumps to the begin of the text! I have not seen this behavior yet, so I think it is newly introduced by KDE.

Anyone else have this weird behaviour?

- Jorgen

Der Meister:
This problem exists also in the SVN-version from yesterday on enlightenment e16. By the way, I don't think it is a problem related to the windowmanager....

Edit:
After some fumbling around I think I got a solution. It seems to work although I don't really like it. Anyway, I don't see a better way to achieve this yet.
Note: I tried to use wxComboBox::SetInsertionPoint instead of wxComboBox::SetSelection but this didn't work if the cursor should be set before the last character in the text box. I don't have any idea why this happened because wxComboBox::GetInsertionPoint returned the correct value. Maybe it's a bug in wxComboBox::SetInsertionPoint?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jorg:
Is it to "auto complete" the search query? Another option is to make the auto complete optional. I never realised this functionality was present.

Thanks for clarifying it.

- Jorgen

Der Meister:
As far as I see it is to sync the content between the two text-boxes - one for Find and one for Find in Files. I wouldn't make this optional because this option would probably lead to more confusion and not more benefit. And I bet: If it is removed completely it will not take a long time until someone requests exactly this feature.  :)
Thus, I would leave this feature as it is but perhaps apply my rather dirty patch.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version